This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good customer service rewarded

This might fit better in a different folder so mods feel free to move, but I thought people might find it encouraging.

This is something that happened to some member of the org i work for. One member, whom I shall call A, had been in a horrible accident with her husband months ago. She's ok, but he's still fighting for his life. A's friend, L, happened to be in the area recently, and decided to take A out to lunch. L got to the restaurant (Chili's--mentioning them by name because they did awesome on this) early, and sat chatting with the greeter for a while. She explained that she was taking A out to lunch to take her mind off her problems, etc. Greeter gave them a nice seat, and the two ladies had a good lunch.

When the bill came, the waitress told L that the manager had comped the bill, since he thought it was so nice of her to take care of her friend. The two women thanked the manager profusely.

But it doesn't end there.

When L got home late that evening (she lives hours away from A), she noticed her wallet was missing. A few minutes later, she got a call from the manager of the Chili's, stating that he'd found her wallet, and was overnighting it to her.

When she received the wallet, not only was everything inside intact, but there were two $5 Chili's gift certificates inside as well.

But it still doesn't end there.

She was so moved by the manager's kindness that she posted it on the forums for my org, and sent a really nice email to Chili's. Chili's was so impressed that they sent the email to the manager's boss, who sent it around the to whole region so that everyone could see how cool the manager had been.

Now many of the women are planning on visiting their local Chili's (and tipping well!) as thanks to this manager, and the women in that area are planning to visit his restaurant as often as possible. I think some of them are even planning to create a cute little honorary certificate of some sort to give him.

So not everyone is an EW, and sometimes going that extra mile really pays off.
    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

IMO - they went WAY above and beyond and it shouldn't be the norm (or else we'd have people abusing this left and right) **BUT** many companies should learn from thiis. SO many ignore good behavior and only punish bad behavior leaving the impression that it's not worth it to go above and beyond.

Good job to Chili's and their staff for going above and beyond, good job to their corporate office for patting the manager on the back for what he did (and hopefully for the staff, too) and to your co-worker's friend for taking care of her friend in a time of need.

IMO - this is the definition of Karma and I'm glad it still sticks its head out once in a while for good.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
      IMO - they went WAY above and beyond and it shouldn't be the norm (or else we'd have people abusing this left and right) **BUT** many companies should learn from this. SO many ignore good behavior and only punish bad behavior leaving the impression that it's not worth it to go above and beyond.
      I completely agree! It was definitely above and beyond, but at least this time it was recognized as such, and rewarded as such. Yay!
      "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Working...
      X