X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So... I may get fired. (venting)

So Sayeth Gir; I doooon't knooooow.

So I kinda did something stupid at work today. I moved these really nice people from a room with a broken lock (you can't open the door except from the inside) to a room that I finished cleaning personally this evening. The Nice people in My Room (so called because I cleaned it) are staying for an additional month.

Well, in order to let them stay in that room for that long on the computer, I took a contracted guests' reservation out of the que, reassigned him to the room with the broken lock and set the Nice People up in My Room.

I plan on going in early tomorrow to swap the doors out with a door of a demoed room (10 rooms are currently out of commission) with the broken door so there shouldn't be any problems.

Problem being, I didn't run it by the manager first. Not that it matters, she wasn't answering my calls anyways (I called her several times throughout the day, the last two times went directly to voice mail).

But this is pure bullshit anyways. I agreed to work part time at this hotel, now I'm working 5 days a week, on my birthday and she thinks I'm going to work Halloween? After I made plans for it? Not to mention I'm already working 8am-6pm at <broken hotel> just so I can go home, sleep 4 hours and RETURN to <working hotel> for a grave yard shift? No way in hell.

So I'm expecting to get fired for it. If I do, I'm going to shake the manager's hand and thank her for allowing me to no longer work for that hell hole. Hand in my shirt and leave.

Driving 80 miles a day was killing me anyways.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

With a craptastic manager like that, you may be much better off if they do let you go.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

that sounds like the type of place where you could honestly tell people that you don't feel bad about getting fired because you have quit from better places.
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

The worst part is... I have quit from better places!
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I think you need one of those right now.

I know you don't like the hotel you're dealing with, but in any case, getting fired sucks. However, I must also say that you did the best you could in trying to get a hold of the manager to resolve the situation at hand. I might be super-dumb at hotel stuff, but that really doesn't sound like a fireable offense.

As far as the two jobs thing goes, I also hold two jobs and I know what it's like to deal with little sleep over a prolonged period of time. Add in school for most of that time and yeah...
          Osoroshii kangae nimo osoware masu...

Comment

I'm not made for working full times hours.

Comment

If you don't mind me asking, how many hours a week do you work right now between both places? That schedule, from the sounds of things, would absolutely kill me (and my friends and family say I'm nuts as it is!).

I wish you the best of luck. I've always been entertained by your stories about the various hotel situations you encounter.

Comment

Not counting drive time? (an hour each way 5 days a week)

40 at Baytown (the working hotel) and 12-14 at the Broken Hotel near where I live (southwest Houston) So the sake of the math, we'll say the latter is 12.

Baytown: 40
                SW: 12
                Driveing : 10
                -----------------
                62 hours a week at work.

Comment

Yikes, that is a lot! While I do about the same, I at least don't have to worry about long commutes. Hopefully when you rule as the Supreme Overlady of your future hotel, you won't have to drive too far in order to get there. ^_^

Comment

Oh, I plan on living onsite until the hotel does all right by itself and my staff is familiar with management.

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                      Oh, I plan on living onsite until the hotel does all right by itself and my staff is familiar with management.
                      have you thought of building apartments with the hotel and having discounted rent being a job perk?

Comment

Nope. I don't want to be a landlord (The SO on the otherhand... he might do it).

Comment

From your plight, you seem to need baked goods administered. Here's a slice of cheesecake and the drink of your choice. Please enjoy.
                          Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

Quoth Andrew B. View Post
                            From your plight, you seem to need baked goods administered. Here's a slice of cheesecake and the drink of your choice. Please enjoy.
                            oh... yeah, how could I forgot... EQ, your Astro Burger and Fries, to go, are on their way

Comment

Quoth Andrew B. View Post
                              Cheesecake? Baked? Nah... Cheesecake isn't baked...

It's still delicious though!

Aww... now I'm gonna go home and make cheesecake...
                              Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Working...
                              X