This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FREE STUFF!!!!!

So one "pleasant" side effect of having not yet resigned, I was sent to a training symposium today, where I got free breakfast and lunch, and a mountain of free stuff from some of our vendors. Yes, most of it was pens and trinkets, but I got some stuff that is actually worth real money.

A Netgear Wireless-N WNR-2000 router ($80 retail)

A Netgear Wireless-N WN111 wireless USB adapter ($70 retail)

a hexBox 360 game (though I don't own a hexBox360)

The router was very nice, since ours is a 4+ year old D-Link that was on its last leg. I just finished setting it up. The USB adapter I can't use (not Mac-compatible) so I think I'll sell it on eBay.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Yeah, I have seen some pretty snazzy stuff given away, even just here at the university. A friend of mine went to some talk for the Physics department and they were giving out 4 GB flash drives. He was happy.

Comment

I don't get a lot of sexy free stuff.

I got a rockin' Maxtor T-shirt once, though.
      Osoroshii kangae nimo osoware masu...

Comment

My husband gets some odd things usually.

A kobalt "wrench" bottle opener (weighs like 3 lbs)

A Jimmy Johnson racing coin (gotta see if its worth anything on ebay)

A matchbox car with sponge bob and valspar ads

And your usual pens, breathmints, bags, bottles etc.
        It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. -Office space

Comment

Meh, so far all I got was a spare DVI cable, a mug, and a pen from a couple of banks.

Still fun to snag free loot though.
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

My company just switched from using DHL to UPS to send out all of our orders. UPS brought in cake.

And I got a pretty cool die cast UPS truck that is now sitting on my desk.

There is a UPS truck sitting outside that has flame decals down the side... I'm still threatening to hotwire it and drive it around the parking lot since they won't give me the keys

Comment

A customer once gave me ringworm,that was nice
              "Light a fire for someone and he will be warm all day,
              set light to someone and he will be warm for the rest of his life" Sir Samuel Vimes

Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.

Comment

I love the drug reps. They always bring free goodies. I'm really upset the Lexiscan person is coming a day I'm not at the hospital.
                I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

At my short stint at CompUSA a while back (2003) I won a 42" Plasma in an AMD promo. I sold it on Ebay for a nice profit. I also won some other items, too.

When I was at Staples I won a Palm M500 when they came out. However, they had this rule that you could give it as a gift but could not sell it. If you got caught you could lose your job.

Comment

I have gotten pens and a datebook(which I am going to use in 2009). Oh and a couple of pads of paper.
                    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

My fiance won a Tivo at his company's holiday party last year. Unfortunately for him, he wanted the tom-tom, especially seeing as how we already have dvr service anyway.

We've gotten a lot of freebies through his job. Dumb as it may sound, we got a free fly swatter that we absolutely love (especially since the cat won't bother to kill spiders for us.) We also got a laser pointer, 4 cloth bags (which i use to bring home groceries and beer), countless pens, magnets and pads of paper. In fact, most of the office supplies in our house we got completely free.
                      Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Lucky. I want free swag!
                        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Got $37 for the wireless USB adapter, after finally getting around to listing it.

I'd hoped to get $50, but considering that this was FREE MONEY, I'm not complaining.
                          "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

I get to drive some VERY expensive cars. That's always fun. ^^
                            "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

I never get anything. *pout*
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                              X