Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wherein desperation works in her favor.

I have a trainee, at least for now. The NCNS I mentioned in my earlier thread (Can You Handle the Gauntlet) called in yeaterday and explained herself well enough to retain her job.

Basically my FDM is so desperate for someone to cover my days off that she's giving her another chance.

Her desperation is rooted in the fact that she will cover my shift if no one else can, because they can't pay overtime.

Hey, I expressed my willingness to work the extra shifts, it's not my fault we can't keep someone long enough to train, yet.

SC
    Last edited by BroSCFischer; 10-28-2008, 06:17 AM. Reason: Add link
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

I know how you feel. Almost exactly. Except at my old hotel, the owners would rather pay ME overtime because $9.75/hr is a lot less than $15/hr when it comes to overtime.

My front desk manager, back when I was the only audit, was making BANK off of overtime.

And so was I.

Comment

I still don't understand why it's so difficult to keep Night Audit people! It's so hard...I don't like it.
      When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Working...
      X