This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overhear in Church

I've just finished two days duty at large <religious location> . One thing that they do at about 10:30 is (over the speakers) announce that they would like all present to join them in prayer (fair enough, it's a church).

I overheard one lady utter the following...

"I didn't think they'd do that sort of thing here"

I could think of no witticism nor pithy put down for that one...
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

What did she think they do in church-have a group punch-out or something?

Comment

kinda like laying on hands, karate style?

yeah, prayer in a church... who'd ever think that would happen heh

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
        "I didn't think they'd do that sort of thing here"
        "I know. These new fangled ideas people get with religion. Whatever happened to the good old days of human sacrifices?"
        "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
        .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
          What did she think they do in church-have a group punch-out or something?
          That would be awesome!

Imagine a worship service like that...

"Dear Lord, guide our hands as we play Little Mac and take down our enemies with much gusto. Uppercut-Amen!"

WHAT!? Why is everyone looking at me like that!?
          "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
          "What IS fun to fight through?"
          "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Can't speak for others, but I'm looking at you like that because I can't believe you made a video game reference like that.
            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
              Can't speak for others, but I'm looking at you like that because I can't believe you made a video game reference like that.
              Pff...I'm bored, this place is dead, and I have to testify at a court case in 6 hours :P I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel for interesting things to do, and coming up with very little.
              "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
              "What IS fun to fight through?"
              "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Quoth South Texan View Post
                "I know. These new fangled ideas people get with religion. Whatever happened to the good old days of human sacrifices?"
                Yeah, what about those human sacrifices? If you plan right, it can be a good way to get rid of the riff raff.
                Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                HR believes the first person in the door
                Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                Document everything
                CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

What's next? Singing hymns??
                  Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Working...
                  X