Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just thought the hotel clerks of the forum might like this. Found this at work.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just thought the hotel clerks of the forum might like this. Found this at work.

I am a Front Desk Clerk

I have advanced degrees in accounting, public relations, marketing, business, computer programming, civil engineering, and spanish.

Of course I have the reservations tha tyou booked six years ago, even though you don't have the confirmation number and you think it was made under a name that starts with "S".

It is not a problems to give seven connecting rooms, non-smoking, poolside suites with two king beds each, four rollaways, and yes, I can install a wet bar. I know that it is my fault we do not have a helicopter landing pad.

I am a front desk clerk.

I am expected to speak all languages. It is obvious to me that when you booked your reservation for Friday that you really meant Saturday. My company entrusted me with all financial information and decisions, and yes, I can tell from memory that your bill from March of 1989 contained a 10 cent overcharge, and yes, the cheque is in the mail.

I am a front desk clerk.

I am quite capable of checking three people in, two people out, making five reservations, answering fifteen incoming phone calls, and plunging the toilet in room 101 all at the same time. No problem.

I always know where to find the best vegetarian, kosher, and barbeque restaurants in town. I know exactly what to see and do in this town in fifteen minutes without spending any money. I take personal blame for airline food, traffic jams, rentar car flat rates, and the national economy. I realize you meant to book your reservation here. People often confuse us with Highway Inn (or whatever it's called). Of course I can "Fit You In" and oh yes, you may have our one dollar rate because you are affiliated with the Accounting and Bagel Club (whatever that is).

I am a front desk clerk.

I am the king pin of numerous conspiracies involving airlines, car rental agencies, and travel agencies/ This explains why your travel agent booked you for the wrong hotel (again). Yes, I take personal blame for the incorrect spelling, location, and pronunciation of our city. No, I did not realize our city had secretly move two hundred miles west of our proper location according to the Ran Mcnally. If we had our act together you would be at the right place, and even your "stupid" travel agent would have done something right for a change.

It did give me great personal pleasure to cancel your non guaranteed reservation at 6pm. There is nothing I enjoy more in life than being yelled at for five dollars an hour. Of course I know that your flight was delayed and you had to wait an extra hour for your rental car, because those jerks gave you a blue car. Yes they should have known you have an extreme angst for that color. You're right, I'm sure the manager will be able to find you a room. He likes you more than I do and knows of several rooms that have long been kept secret from front desk clerks. Oh and when you check out of that imaginary room in the morning, I will be sure to remind you to find a new travel agency, one whose employees can foresee the future, read minds, and interpret dreams. By the way, expect rain tomorrow, your interview will be a bust, and you really need to go home and see your wife.

We are expected to smile, empathize, sympathize, console, upsell, downsell (and know when to do which), perform, sing, dance, and fix the printer.

I am a front desk clerk. I do all things...............

The full version goes on in that vein for something like three or four more paragraphs. I have it written out and stuck to the fridge in that little room behind the front desk where we keep the stuff for the continental breakfast.
    Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Working...
    X