Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm thinking about getting another job.

Yeah, I've been thinking about this for awhile and I think this week I want to really do something about it. Anyway I have a Monster account that I had since my last paying job and just recently sign up with a more local job site. I also have a job coach who has help me on my current job and is open to help me find another job (she's out of the office till Oct. 16 so well, she can't help me this week).

Well, I have had a few incidents where I felt like walking out and wishing I was working somewhere else but there. Anyway the latest was just today when I got pissed over another price raise but wasn't on the tag and threw the item down. I then walked out of the store for few minutes and came back after that. The stock lady informed the managers and one of them came to relieve me before I sold whatever I threw done. The customer that was in line after that left and I think might have scared her away. Okay then a couple more hours later there was a line and I couldn't get a hold of anyone (phone that the AM suppose to have was at the register). The AM did tell me not worry if I couldn't work till 8 to fill sick co-worker's shift and I think that's why I was stressed out. A customer was bringing back something and I didn't know what to say because I couldn't understand her quite well (note her first language wasn't English). She left it there to get what she wanted and I was about to have meltdown because of all this going on. Luckily the SM came to and said I needed a break after I got finish with customer. Also the DM payed visited today but I don't know if he was inform of all of this and yes, I know I need work on my anger.

I have feeling this job is going give me a major meltdown and they might ask me to leave instead of taking a break. I think the only reason why I'm still there is that they have a hard time keeping employees and only have a couple other cashiers who are working part-time there. Yes, I think that's one reason I haven't done any real job seeking (I've just seeing what's out there) and I'm sort of afaird to say anything about it to the SM.

I'm still not sure if I want to do another retail job(defiantly not a discount/grocery store) and see if I could find a office type of job. Anyway I have been thinking about applying to a jewelry or deparment stores and yeah, I know I probably be good at craft store. Does anyone have any idea what else I could do?
    Yours truly, Robyn unless your an SC
    My space
    Facebook

just do what feels right for you. if it is causing you stress then splease stop. i know this oe from personaly experiance.

My shortt stint as a shipper reciever ended up with me getting a pinched nerve in my shoulder and an involentary eye twitch at the rip old age of 19. The old guy had gone back to school and i had taken over for him. I felt it was NOT the job for me and when he decided that school wasnt right for him at tat time he came back and actually took my old job. We talked and switched back.

Remember no job (especially retail) is worth having a meltdown. Change of pace such as a new position or a new job is probably what you need.

but best of luck in whatever you choose to do
    Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Comment

Dude, I truly know how you feel. If you are this stressed all the time, then you need to quit. Hell your health, is by far, more valuable then the stress you are receiving.
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
        Dude, I truly know how you feel. If you are this stressed all the time, then you need to quit. Hell your health, is by far, more valuable then the stress you are receiving.
        Well, I don't want to just quit because I did that at my last paying job and it probably hurt me in finding a job (well, I also wasn't do that of a good job getting one). Anyway everytime someone just quits at work (there's been about 6 since I been there) I'm ussually the first person they called when that happens and the schedule gets screwed up. I think I rather go find another job first and then put in my notice.

Also I'm not stressful all the time at work it's just when it gets really busy and I'm only one there working or I can't reach someone which happens once in a while. Anyway today wasn't very stressful and it pretty slow day anyway. I also think yesterday was due to bit of PMS.

Anyway I also I want to find something that pays more and I don't have to where the same thing (black top & khakis). Of course, there are other reasons but I think those are the main ones (maybe less stress).
        Yours truly, Robyn unless your an SC
        My space
        Facebook

Comment

Working...
        X