This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Schoolers kick House Bunny

High School Musical has been with us for more than a week now. It has been helf term holiday and the cinema has been full of kids watching it.

It stated a couple of days before the holiday, with previews. Now we have 3 prints and it will be showing in three screens for the previews and 4 screens in the holidays. This means two screens will be interlocked - ie the film will run through one projector, along the wall, up the wall, across the room, along the wall through tyhe second projector and collect on the platter.

I have been trained to do this but that was back in May and have never had to do it for 'real'. My fellow projectionist C has not been trained to do it at all. So the plan is the first Saturday of the holidays when both me and C are on, W the senior projectionist will join us and train us and make sure everything runs smoothly. This means W is coming in on his Saturday off.

Except nothing goes to plan.

The GM decides the previews have sold so well, that he is going to add extra showings during the preview nights. He decides this mere hours before. W is called in on his night off because C is on. Showings of Igor and the House Bunny are cancelled - customers who have prebooked have to be molified, given refunds and complementary tickets. W has to stay late the following day, to train me. When I find out I'm doing it there an then, I'm all:

Note: the GM is not actually working. He decides to do it over the phone.
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Good grief.
    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
    -----
    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Yagh. GMs should be on-site for training like that.

Now, for real fun, one of the highest-attendance theaters in the state (the one right across from Ohio State U) once had twenty four theaters running a midnight show that they had four prints for. And apparently, they were planning on running an additional showing because all twenty four theaters sold out.

Comment

Working...
      X