This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is an Amazing Feat of Stupid

So, behind our building is a hamburger shop and a bank. This afternoon, at approx. 1 PM, meaning, AFTERNOON, DAYTIME, when many, many businesses were open around it, some dimwits robbed the bank. Before robbing the bank, they hung around for about two hours, and were seen by a bunch of people, including my boss.

Wow. That is seriously dumb. Just sharing the parking lot with the bank besides the hamburger shop is a VERY busy grocery store, a takeaway Pizza Hut, AND a car parts store, among others. Bright bulbs, these guys are.

Just wanted to share a bit of stupidity I came across today.
    I may be free from retail, but the nightmares still linger.....

How about robbing the gas station that is right next door to the police station? Robbing the girl that is VERY close friends with the cops at said station?

I can go on.
    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

I work next door to a Sony store and they have all their computers and cameras locked in display cases. Well one day someone broke into a case and stole a laptop. They were really busy and didn't notice until after it happened. The next day the guy brought the computer back in complaining that he had bought it from them the previous day and never received any cords and just wanted to pick them up. They knew straight away it was the stolen computer and said, oh sorry, we'll just have a look out back for you, and went and rang the police who came and arrested him.

Comment

Dumb Criminals I LOVE this site! A friend sent it to me after we were robbed at work.

Comment

Myra, that story of stupidity brought a tear to my eye.

At least, I think it's a tear. Maybe it's some brain cells escaping.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Well that is stupid. Though not as stupid as the guy who tried to rob a gas station/quickie mart/deli/hunting & fishing supply store/gun shop (Yes they sell all that) in Bainbridge Ohio that i stop at.

According to dan (who is the son of the owner) they had a guy come in one morning not noticing the 2 sheriff's cruisers parked at the side of the building. He proceeds to pull a small caliber revolver and say stick em up. The 2 deputies who where in getting their morning coffee and BS as well as the guy behind the gun counter all drew and told the guy to drop his and get down. Supposedly ,according, to Dan they had to mop the floor where the guy was standing afterwards.

I can believe that as some criminals just do not quite seem to think things out. Which is probably a good thing in the most part.

Comment

I heard on the radio way back when a tale of some would-be thieves who tried to steal an entire ATM. Apparently, in the middle of the night, they drove their truck to the bank, hooked cabling between ATM and pickup, and tried to haul it out of the wall. Well, that failed, tearing off their rear bumper, and they immediately sped away lest the noise draw attention.

They left behind the bumper.

With the license plate still attached.
              "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
              - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Rahmota View Post
                According to dan (who is the son of the owner) they had a guy come in one morning not noticing the 2 sheriff's cruisers parked at the side of the building. He proceeds to pull a small caliber revolver and say stick em up. The 2 deputies who where in getting their morning coffee and BS as well as the guy behind the gun counter all drew and told the guy to drop his and get down. Supposedly ,according, to Dan they had to mop the floor where the guy was standing afterwards.
                That reminds me of the scene in Robocop 3, where the guy decided to hold up the diner, not noticing that almost every single customer in the place was a cop in full uniform and fully armed. And the comment by the guy behind the counter ("What's it like being a rocket scientist?") was the icing on the cake.
                Sometimes life is altered.
                Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                Uneasy with confrontation.
                Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Some nimrod tried to rob the Golden Gun shop in Golden, CO. He had to walk by a police car to get in the place. I don't remember what the story said he pulled but he made a terrible mistake in that just about everyone in the store drew-down on him and ended his robbing ways permanently.
                  Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

I still LMAO at this story of the nimrod and his girlfriend in Massachusetts who decided to pass a counterfeit $20. At a Donut Shop. Next to the MA state police barracks where lots of state troopers hang out. The nimrod was half black and was a "white supremacist" so brain power was already severely limited!

Comment

Good Lord, that made my brain try to escape out my nose and run outside to play in traffic.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Well you know, it's not like valedictorians are the ones out there robbing liquor stores, etc..... They didn't graduate at the top of their class, hell they probably didn't even attend classes, so it's really no surprise that they're not too bright

Comment

There was a guy who robbed the bank next door to where I worked.

He walked in, pulled his gun, got some money, walked out, started to run away...

Then sat down on the bench, put his gun off to the side, and sat there until the cops came.
                          Character flaws aren't a philosophy -Scott Adams

Comment

There was a guy who robbed the bank next door to where I worked.

He walked in, pulled his gun, got some money, walked out, started to run away...

Then sat down on the bench, put his gun off to the side, and sat there until the cops came.
                            Ok now that just makes sense. What was he doing a practice run? Homesick for the slammer? (Now that one is possible from what I understand) Changed his mind?

Comment

Working...
                            X