This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Is A Bad Attitude?

Here's something to discuss. What constitutes a genuinely bad attitude at work? And what does not constitute a bad attitude?

Stories and opinions start now
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Arguing for the sake of arguing.

Snapping at customers/co-irkers.

Reacting to any criticism (constructive or otherwise) as a personal assault.

Letting things that are not work related affect your mood and body language to the point people not only notice, but react.

Comment

How about standing around and letting your co-workers do all the work, while you whine about how you're SOOOOOO tired, and don't want to do anything.

Comment

Bad attitude
        -Snapping at co-workers/customers when they have done nothing wrong
        -Being Argumentive without just cause
        -Refusing to help when asked
        -reacting negativly to constructive critisism

Good attitude
        -Being able to walk away from negative rude people who insult you....being the better person.
        -Being generally happy and helpful provided the one you are helping realizes this and doesn't be an ass towards you
        -Tries to solve problems without incident
        -accepts constructive critisism as a means to help you
        -Doesn't let the little things get to you.
        NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

Reality: Whatever you do or don't do that doesn't fall in line with your micro-managing, s*** for brains, paranoid, a**-licking manager's ideas.
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Bad attitude=being rude and argumentative with customers/co-workers for no good reason, complaining about actually being expected to do work, taking constructive criticism as a personal affront, just generally having a chip on your shoulder.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

A bad attitude is what I take to work with me every day
              No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

Quoth Catwoman2965 View Post
                How about standing around and letting your co-workers do all the work, while you whine about how you're SOOOOOO tired, and don't want to do anything.
                Sorry, I didn't sleep much last night - the dogs kept on wanting to go out.
                Bad attitude:
                Doesn't help
                Doesn't care
                Isn't polite (no please, thank you)
                Is demanding
                Quote Dalesys:
                ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

What if it really isn't constructive criticism? Do you consider it a bad attitude to react to someone who calls you lazy or worthless?
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                    What if it really isn't constructive criticism? Do you consider it a bad attitude to react to someone who calls you lazy or worthless?
                    Only if you lower yourself to their level. You can counter BS with logic and facts. You don't even have to raise your voice/be angry to counter this. Me, I'd simply ask them to be specific about how and when they justify these claims. Then I'd DESTROY THEM with the facts of their own inadequacies...

All while smiling and continuing to be productive!

I once got chastened for singing a co-orker's faults while finishing his work for him. When I pointed out that the client didn't speak english and every thing I'd said was 100% true.. I was told it was "bad for morale"

Comment

What Crazyal said. In your case, blas, I'd probably go snarky.

<\monotone on>
                      "Oh, yes. I'm so lazy that I do three times the output on hard jobs/machines that Whiney Brat does on the easy stuff"

or

"Worthless. Nice to know. I'll just go back to my real department that you keep dragging me out of so the work gets finished. If I'm worthless, what are you calling folks that should be doing this work? Just for reference."
                      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

What Is A Bad Attitude?

It's whatever they want it;

Not volunteering for overtime

Not volunteering for unpaid overtime

Not kissing supervisors arse

Being good at your job thus showing how crap arse kisser is

Not taking up arse kissers slack

Failing to follow procedure X

When other supervisor said to follow procedure Y

Following health and safety guidelines

A week or more off work because you didn't follow H&S guidelines

Taking sick days

Coming in when ill and spreading lurgies to 60%> of the work floor
                        Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

A bad attitude could be punching your boss in the nuts.

while a good attitude could be laughing while you punch your boss in the nuts.

Likewise setting the building on fire because they moved your desk to the basement and took your red swingline may be construed by some to be a bad attitude...

***no nuts were actually punched in the making of this post***
                          My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Quoth Catwoman2965 View Post
                            Um. That was me, last week, although I tried not to whine too much. I was on day 7 of a migraine (day 12 today, yay) and it really was pretty much the best I could do just to stay upright and not throw up on anyone's shoes.

But most of the time I work really hard so everyone was OK with it... I went home as soon as the afternoon rush was done.

Comment

Working...
                            X