This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Mobile Phones Need Confirmation Dialogue Boxes

You read about this kind of stuff, laugh at it, but think it'll never happen to you. I was one of those people until today...

Anyway, my brother, who works shift-work as a bartender, had knocked off work and went out to go clubbing. I, at the lovely hour of 12:30pm, after unwinding extensively from work, decide to give my brother a challenge for his evening out... so I begin to draft the SMS.

"Insult of the day: Bottom-feeding scum-sucking cuttledouche"

I then hit one of the two people under "A" in my address book, and I missed my target by one. The other "A" is my boss. Fortunately, I wasn't THAT tired, and actually noticed. I then immediately send a retractment, saying "sorry A, I meant to send that to my brother, A2, I hope I didn't disturb you".

Now, I was mildly annoyed at the stupidity of the situation, but thought everything would be fine, after all, Managers are reasonable people, right?

If that were true, there wouldn't be a sub-forum on CS.com called Morons in Management. On getting into work, I'm greeted by "I should use that one to discribe you". I'd kick up more of a fuss if the teams weren't being reshuffled soon, and if I wasn't guaranteed to not be in the same team as this impediment to the purity of humanity.

I have done something like that before. Luckily it was not to a boss, but to another friend.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

One time I told my friend I loved him, seeing that I wasn't paying too much attention and hit reply to one of his messages instead of my BF's. Oh, SMS, you are my downfall.

Comment

Try having a touch-screen phone in your pocket and forgetting to lock it... the people it calls on its own, oh those are fun times. Let's just say that the fabric of a pocket apparently is a poor filter for sound.
        "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
        -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

Quoth icmedia View Post
          Try having a touch-screen phone in your pocket and forgetting to lock it... the people it calls on its own, oh those are fun times. Let's just say that the fabric of a pocket apparently is a poor filter for sound.

Yes, I have done that tool. I once was working overnights at OfficeMax and I was just telling the guys about the night before and how my Gf at the time and I, had celebrated our second year anniversary. And I forgot to lock the phone. And ofcourse, it dialed my GF's father. I was able to convince him that it was all just BS for the guys.
          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I've sent wayward txts to people that I never text and don't really want to. I've also forgotten to lock my phone and a guy that I was seeing got a great review of our previous nights' date when I was having brunch with my girlfriend's the following day. Thankfully, I only had good things to say about him.
            Do I dare
            Disturb the universe?
            In a minute there is time
            For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse.

T.S. Eliot

Comment

One of my co-workers sent me a text instead of her BF one day... something along the lines of "We nookie tonight?"

Being a smartass I replied to it (something like, "ooooh you're place or mine?") and confused the hell out of her. Once she figured out what she had done, we both got a good laugh out of it.
              I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

heh, given the fun I've had with my phone (had 2 lock up on me, one from camera problems/auto-guard/PCS network being down, other from the latter 2) decided to take it off auto guard, get a cover plate....and now I've had a few times where I take pictures of my pocket... yay black space takers.

Comment

I got home one time to find a really interesting message on my answering machine. It seems a good friend of mine and his wife had gone to the local XXX store and were looking at videos when his cell phone just happened to call me.
                  There was a roughly 20min conversation on the various movies they were looking at on my answering machine.

When I got done laughing, I called him and told him he'd picked the wrong movie.

After that he made sure to leave his phone in the car before he went into certain places.

Comment

Try having a touch-screen phone in your pocket and forgetting to lock it.
                    my nephew called me from his cell like that once. i answer and just hear the phone bumping against the inside of his pocket. heh.

Comment

Quoth icmedia View Post
                      Try having a touch-screen phone in your pocket and forgetting to lock it...
                      I can one up you on that. I've had my flip phone call people from my pocket.
                      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Fave Ex ®'s phone used to call me without his knowledge (when we were still together).

One time that really freaked me out was when it called, it picked up the radio playing some awesome song that remided me of Fave Ex®, but he didn't know that I thought it did.

I guess you had to be there.
                        I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Working...
                        X