This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well, that's never happened before

OK, for those of you not familiar with how hotel's work, we have an express check out option... basically that means if you don't need a reciept just leave your keys in the room and leave. Part of how we know people have checked out is at the deadline for late check out we call any rooms that housekeeping hasn't reported vacant (ie, any room that still has a Do Not Disturb sign up) to make sure the guests have checked out. This is mostly a formality because 99.9% of the time it's just because a guest forgot to take the sign down on their way out... however, today I finally got the .01% of the time when the guest was actually in the room. Now this lady wasn't sucky at all. She was understanding when I said I was calling to see if they needed to extend their stay etc, said she was still packing and would be out in a few minutes (now she may be an SC later if she doesn't make good on her word). But I was really caught off guard... my first reaction was "holy crap, someone actually answered, I've never had that happen before"
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Been there, done that. Then there was the asshole that I had to kick out because "I'll be there to extend my stay in a minute" turned into 3 hours and I was not happy.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Oh, this lady got updated to sucky... she didn't check out... and the card on file came back as stolen... thank God that we found this out during the shift change and the guy who replaced me got to deal with it...

Comment

You know, I travel a lot, both for business and pleasure. It is extremely rare that a hotel front desk has been less than accommodating when I call down and ask for extended check-out. With the exception of one clerk, everyone I've asked to extend check out by an hour or two has been ok with it--because I ALWAYS CALL DOWN AND ASK PROACTIVELY.

Seriously, the front desk is great. They will bend over backwards to accommodate you IF YOU TREAT THEM LIKE THEY'RE HUMAN. I hate when hotel guests treat hotel workers like sh*t. Be nice! That's my rule.
        Do I dare
        Disturb the universe?
        In a minute there is time
        For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse.

T.S. Eliot

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
          Oh, this lady got updated to sucky... she didn't check out... and the card on file came back as stolen... thank God that we found this out during the shift change and the guy who replaced me got to deal with it...
          urg Stolen card? boooo

Yeah it's rare. But, it has happened. I can't stand the SCs that say they will be out in a couple minutes, and at least an hour passes.
          When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Quoth Melxb View Post
            You know, I travel a lot, both for business and pleasure. It is extremely rare that a hotel front desk has been less than accommodating when I call down and ask for extended check-out. With the exception of one clerk, everyone I've asked to extend check out by an hour or two has been ok with it--because I ALWAYS CALL DOWN AND ASK PROACTIVELY.
            That must have been the clerk at the motel where I found the millipede in my bed.

Some of our gang wanted to come back to the motel after the last of the cannon school early Sunday afternoon in order to shower and change out their wool. Check out time was noon. There were still vacancies even after our gang took over 50% of their rooms, and the clerk would not budge on check-out time.

Oh well. Next year we are all likely to stay elsewhere. BTW, these are all adults that Do. Not. Get. Rowdy. unless we are all camping out in the middle of nowhere, with nobody to disturb.
            Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth Primer View Post
              Oh well. Next year we are all likely to stay elsewhere. BTW, these are all adults that Do. Not. Get. Rowdy. unless we are all camping out in the middle of nowhere, with nobody to disturb.
              we welcome groups

no millipedes and we almost never have problems with late check outs (if you call down and ask that is)

Comment

My own hotel experiences (in which I am paying for/doing the paperwork for) have been few and far between. My most recent one, this past August for Otakon weekend, I stayed at a hotel in Howard County, MD. Just for the one night. Checked in, went out and got food and stuff, brought it back to my room, watched some movies, and went to bed. Got up the next morning, showered, shaved, all that, packed up what needed to be packed, and was at the desk before checkout time. So all I had to do was turn in the key and I was done.

I'm sure the desk staff were glad I was low-maintenance.
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                  I'm sure the desk staff were glad I was low-maintenance.
                  Most important you didn't complain that there was NOTHING nearby (of course, don't count the restaurant in the parking lot with us, the one across the street, the one in the hotel half a black down, another one in a hotel a block and a half down, and half a mile away there is a Dennys, Carl's Jr, BK, A and W, Taco Bell, Arbys and Wendy's)

I'm sure you can guess what my pet peeve is... can't you.

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                    Most important you didn't complain that there was NOTHING nearby (of course, don't count the restaurant in the parking lot with us, the one across the street, the one in the hotel half a black down, another one in a hotel a block and a half down, and half a mile away there is a Dennys, Carl's Jr, BK, A and W, Taco Bell, Arbys and Wendy's)

I'm sure you can guess what my pet peeve is... can't you.
                    I'm not a complainer. Besides, it was a one night stay. Within a half a mile, there was a Burger King, a McDonalds, an Arby's, a Jerry's, and a truck-stop C-store where I got chips and queso.

Plenty for Yours Truly for a one night stay.
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                    X