X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth draftermatt View Post
    In the state of Pennsylvania there are signs saying

"Speed limit electronically enforced"

Now I know it means radar guns, but it makes me think of electric chairs. Considering how much their fines are, it might was well be.
    Heh heh. Around here, we have the "Speed limit enforced by aircraft" signs. They're going to shoot our asses down

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

"A cannonical list of SCs" (SC's shot from guns?)

Has now been "fixed" to say "A canonical ist of SCs" (color added for emphasis) (Ja, er ist ein SC!!)
      Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
      TASTE THE LIME JELLO OF DEFEAT! -Gravekeeper

Comment

Okay, I just remembered this. Classic Kinko's Typo story.

Mr. Recovering Kinkoid was a typesetter at Kinko's back in the day. He was typsetting a set of triplicate forms for some car insurance agency. As a gag, he saved a joke version of the form where he had filled in part of it. What he had done was go to the "Makes and Models not covered" line, where it said "Yugo". Then there was a line for reason, so he typed in "cuz they suck!" which he showed to a few people for a little giggle.

I'm sure you see where this is going.

Anyway, it was Friday, and the job was due for proofing and then was to be run on Monday.

Well, over the weekend, the customer came in and wanted his stuff early. So he proofed, and declared that there were no changes, so the weekend people went to Mr. RK's computer and sent the WRONG FILE TO PRINT. And ran something like 5 thousand forms, in triplicate, all saying "Cuz they suck!" on them. These forms were distributed all over the state.

The boss somehow knew Mr. RK was involved, but there was NO evidence. He was not in the building at all the day the job was run. In fact, since other people had used that computer, there was no evidence that he'd even been the one to make the gag file. So he got away with it.

Years later, we were at a party with our old boss, chumming around, and he said, "Remember that mess with the insurance forms? That was you, wasn't it?" Mr. RK finally confessed. Boss is like "I KNEW it!"

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
          Mr. Recovering Kinkoid was a typesetter at Kinko's back in the day. He was typsetting a set of triplicate forms for some car insurance agency. As a gag, he saved a joke version of the form where he had filled in part of it. What he had done was go to the "Makes and Models not covered" line, where it said "Yugo". Then there was a line for reason, so he typed in "cuz they suck!" which he showed to a few people for a little giggle.
          Yugo? As in "Yugo three blocks and break down?"

That reminds me of a joke: A guy goes into an auto parts store and asks, "Can I get a gas cap for my Yugo?" The clerk smiles and says, "Why not? Sounds like a fair trade!"

Back on topic, that story was hilarious, especially because it wasn't me.
          Sometimes life is altered.
          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
          Uneasy with confrontation.
          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth skeptic53 View Post
            "A cannonical list of SCs" (SC's shot from guns?)

Has now been "fixed" to say "A canonical ist of SCs" (color added for emphasis) (Ja, er ist ein SC!!)

Corrected - thanks! I'd missed that.

Rapscallion

Comment

I got some mark down stickers from the home office one time. They each had the stock number, price and abbreviated description of the item on them. There was one sticker we couldn't match to an item. The description on the tag? "plush pups ass"
              Last edited by ladyklack; 10-19-2006, 12:22 AM.
              Our brains are smarter than we think they am!

Comment

Quoth ladyklack View Post
                I got some mark down stickers from the home office one time. They each had the stock number, price and abbreviated description of the item on them. There was one sticker we couldn't match to an item. The description on the tag? "plush pups. ass."
                No assorted stuffed dogs? Pound puppies?

Comment

Quoth Tria View Post
                  No assorted stuffed dogs? Pound puppies?
                  lol! I was in a camera store. Not much in the way of stuffed animals there.
                  Our brains are smarter than we think they am!

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                    Yugo? As in "Yugo three blocks and break down?"
                    No, as in "How to get to the afterlife? Have an accident and Yugo!"

Comment

Working...
                    X