Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That's the night that the lights went out...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's the night that the lights went out...

... in PA.

So, we had a power outage tonight.

FUN!!!

Lucky me, I'm usually done with most of the early stuff in the 1st half hour of my shift. Only got half way through the call around and we lost power.

And the STUPID FREAKING ALARM WOULDN"T SHUT UP.

WHAT in the WORLD do they have a "Silent" Button on the panel, if it doesn't DO anything. ARRGH!

Then, when the power finally came back (about 75 min. later) I got "the technician that could"TM who didn't seem to know what she was doing. Seriously, she tried to do the same thing half a dozen times, with the exact same results. Then, she finally figured out what she was doing wrong, and got our OPERAting system back up.

So, now, everything is more or less back to normal. But it was just frustrating (not to mention I was prepping to do the Night Audit by hand. My hand is cramping just thinking about it.)

Also thanks to the Previous shift worker who left their Flashlight when we heard that two nearby hotels were without power.

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Two things... I think I know which chain you work for now

Second... it's possible to do an audit by hand yeah, that wouldn't be possible here... we have almost no paper copies until after I finish the audit and print a back up copy.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
      Two things... I think I know which chain you work for now
      I have hinted at it previously. BTW, I'd like to see EQ try to find MY hotel's phone #. It might be harder than you think. (And yes, I know I have now directly challenged EQ, and that she will more than likely take me up on it. I remain unafraid!)

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
      Second... it's possible to do an audit by hand yeah, that wouldn't be possible here... we have almost no paper copies until after I finish the audit and print a back up copy.
      Well, we imprint the credit cards on the reg. cards, so we would basically transfer the information (Name, length of stay, CC#, etc.) to these printouts, and you have to do it in duplicate (one for us, one for the customer as a receipt). It SUUUUCKS!

SC
      "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
        I have hinted at it previously. BTW, I'd like to see EQ try to find MY hotel's phone #. It might be harder than you think. (And yes, I know I have now directly challenged EQ, and that she will more than likely take me up on it. I remain unafraid!)

Well, we imprint the credit cards on the reg. cards, so we would basically transfer the information (Name, length of stay, CC#, etc.) to these printouts, and you have to do it in duplicate (one for us, one for the customer as a receipt). It SUUUUCKS!

SC
        well, I know which hotel group which happens to be the largest hotel group on the planet... which doesn't really narrow down a specific hotel... but don't doubt EQ's stalking ability.

And yeah, we should imprint all cards, but we only imprint on CLC cards... yeah, stupid, I know.
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
        X