This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eek

Really, I wish I had a better title, but that's the only thing going through my mind right now. I came into work last night and saw a memo
    Attn- all staff
    Re- (GM's) termination
    effective: immediate

Effective immediately (name) is no longer working for (hotel). He has been informed that he is no longer permitted on property, especially in employee areas. If you see him on property you are to inform him to leave immediately. If he does not leave the property immediately call the police to have him removed.

We apologize for any confusion during this transition period,
    (owners)

This morning when the Assistant Manager came in she informed me that last night the owners had mentioned something to her that they had the police issue him a no trespass order or something like that

seriously, what the hell could he have done to be fired without notice and have a no trespass order issued

now I know what the Roman's meant when they would curse their enemies saying "may you live in interesting times"
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

He might have done nothing but if the owners don't want him there then that's their right. I must admit that it'd be interesting to know what he did.
    Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Quoth Tanasi View Post
      He might have done nothing but if the owners don't want him there then that's their right.
      yes it is... but I should have pointed out that the last time they issued a no trespass order it was against someone who had called in making death threats against his wife who was staying there... in the past pretty much anything short of that they didn't bother with it. I mean even the guy who was fired for calling the owners "fucking sand niggers" didn't get a no trespass order issued against him...

Comment

Ooh boy. I agree, he must have done something pretty epic - possibly chronic too. Keep your ears open, I think everyone wants to know! It might also explain a few things about your hotel.

Comment

Yeah something is up.... something bad. Man, they can't seem to hold onto a manager late!
          When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Quoth thehippie777 View Post
            Yeah something is up.... something bad. Man, they can't seem to hold onto a manager late!
            well, considering the rumor is that they are looking at what it will cost to repair all the rooms to either see what it will take to get the hotel ready to sell or see how much it will take because they're considering abandoning it altogether (which scarily I'm not sure would be that bad of a thing... let's be honest, this hotel will probably never truly successful, I think it will be a matter of just limping along delaying going out of business).

Comment

You think NOW they'll sell to me for a dollar?

My god, I wonder what the hell your co-irker did to get fired like that. Only thing I can think of is they stole something.
              This is Epic, can you keep me updated?
              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                co-irker
                *cough* the general manager *cough*

and they may be prepping to sell it... that's one of the rumors

and if I were to find something out I'd let you know.

Comment

lol yeah now i'm curious.... any news on what he did to get fired/banned/restrained?

Comment

update

Ooh, I have dirt... I found out that (and I'm embarrassed that I'm not the one who discovered this) the owner was reviewing his accounts and noticed an unusual jump in his bad debts account. Apparently (and I've gone through old stays and have found evidence of this) the GM was giving people free rooms by billing it directly to the bad debt account
                    That and that contract that he got us... the one that no one else wanted... well, they've racked up over $10k in unpaid stays over the last month... not only are the guests a hassle to deal with (they mess up the shuttle schedule, they demand late check-out and idiot manager wrote it into the contract that they could have it, and they are dicks to housekeeping... we've already had to ban one for making sexual advances on one of our housekeepers) but now apparently they are slow to pay.
                    Last edited by smileyeagle1021; 11-20-2008, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Bill the guests and if they do not pay, charge the GM for the unpaid debts. Send it to collections and allow it to ruin the GM's credit.
                      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

The fun part: if the hotel is still hanging on by it's fingertips with that kind of mismanagement, it should become a going concern if properly managed.

Comment

Um...daaaamn.
                          When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Working...
                          X