This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was a fun day at work today

When I got to work this morning the gates were down in front of the Visitor Parking garage located at the university where I work as a Visitor Parking attendant. The full sign was on as well since there were many reserved parking spots for events today. There were some non-reserved spots though, & I had to use the clicker to let everyone in the garage since the full sign was on. There was a problem with the clicker. It would not work. I called dispatch & told them of the problem. I was told that the gates in front of Visitor Parking had to be raised so the people could enter the garage.

A staff member drove up to the booth I work in stating that she had reserved several parking spots for an event through the director of Visitor Parking/Community Relations, "Kim". That is the dept. I report to. She told me the event name & that there was a room change. She gave me the new room number. So I inform the guests of the room number change. "Kim" calls me, & she is pissed. She asks me where I got the information from, & I told her. She told me "you do not take direction from anyone but the office staff & me." She told me that she received a phone call from someone at the event being held in the room number that was given to me by the person who came to the booth. She told me that information was wrong & that the person who called her said "to call the Visitor Parking booth attendant & tell her that she should not be giving out this information to anyone, & that this information is wrong." Apparently some of the guests interrupted an IT meeting. The phone call ended with her saying "got that, thank you."

There was one highlight of my day:
    A customer who was on the event list for an interview drove up to the booth & told me that she told the dept. she was going to that she would take the train, but was told that there would be a 20 minute delay. She told me she would pay for her parking. I asked her what her name was since it was on the event list, & she gave it to me. I gave her a token to exit the garage. She said "thank you, you're a doll." She was an appreciative customer.
Working...
X