This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm getting a break from my routine

Well, it turns out I'm going to another store clear across town starting Monday.

Good part (supposed to be the good part) is that it's only for a week (or so Mohair has said.) Seems as if this store has no GMD person (girl quit last week and the store is having Inventory this coming week) and they are desperate.

From what my "replacement" who worked w/me last week told me (she worked at that same store the week before) they have a TON of GMD product still in the stockroom to be worked out and it's totally disorganized.

I'm being sent into a war zone of a mess, no doubt. Even if I do get my 40 hours, if it's as bad as I suspect, I cant' do it all by myself and get the stockroom ready for Inventory by later this week (they have Inventory either Thurs or Fri, I'm not sure which day.)

Anyone got a shovel or a backhoe I can borrow?

Mohair thinks this would be an ideal week for me to have GMD training (yeah, right. Inventory week and they have a total mess from what I've heard.)

I may get to go to another store the following week, or I'll be sent back to my store. Right now, I'm not sure which it'll be (too soon to tell.) But I'm already having scary thoughts of either the backroom swallowing me up whole OR the store manager wanting to keep me permanently.

I've met the store manager before - he seems like an okay guy but then I've never worked with him, so I'll try to keep a positive outlook on that (and seeing that I've been sorely disappointed so many times at my store it's kinda hard to) and do what I can do.

At least it'll be a break. Let Mohair and Opie see how things run in the back without me around . . . I wonder if this new girl will be able to get more done in 30 hours/week.

On second thought, I'll quit worrying and enjoy the break.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

On the plus side, if they didn't think you could do it, they wouldn't try to send you there to do the work. On the downside, they may be expecting you to fail.

Watch your back, eh? Anyway, enjoy yourself!

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
    X