This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bumping this old thread.

So now, this admin is insisting that I "rush" some orders for new hire equipment. Sure, you couldn't get the orders in on time BEFORE they started working so now you're complaining to your boss that I won't make them come in faster.

I have nothing to do with that plus my department is laying off 40% of the work force, you really think we want to spend the money to cover YOUR ass? Um, no.

We also have nothing to do with the approval process so don't complain to me that your requests were rejected.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

I am assistant to four (yes, four!) different officers at the bank. My title is, in fact, Secretarial Support. When I'm feeling snarky, I take great pleasure in signing letters and emails with that title.

I'm expected to drop everything if the bank president needs something. The only time I can get away with putting him off is if I'm helping a customer.

I have to deal with other admin assistants, as well. If I address an email to a loan officer at another bank, it is almost always the assistant who responds. Sometimes this is a good thing, if the assistant is more aware of what is going on than the officer. Other times, the assistant doesn't know what's going on, but the officer refuses to deal with me directly.
      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
      -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
        I am assistant to four (yes, four!) different officers at the bank. My title is, in fact, Secretarial Support. When I'm feeling snarky, I take great pleasure in signing letters and emails with that title.
        So, in other words, you're the bank bitch.

The person assigned to do furniture carryouts, bring in carts and clean the bathrooms at my store is called "customer service support." But of course, when I'm working that job I prefer to call myself the store bitch.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          So, in other words, you're the bank bitch.
          Yeah. <sigh> I usually refer to myself as the Jane-of-all-trades. Or, if somebody asks me what I do, I say "other duties as assigned."
          "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
          -Mira Furlan

Comment

Working...
          X