This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great Holiday Debate 2006 has begun

Hey Everyone. I have worked at the front desk of a busy hotel in Northern VA just outside DC for 4 years. Since the hotel stays open 365 days a year some people always have to work at least 2 of the major holidays a year. I am one of the people who has the most seniority at the desk. 1 person is moving to TX in a week. Two people are quitting because they can't stand the management of this hotel . So basically that leaves me and 2 other front desk agents, 2 night auditors, GM and AGM, 1 part time front desk agent. The GM and AGM are husband and wife who apparently think they can take off for a week at Thanksgiving and then again a week for Xmas and basically screw over the people with seniority and make them work most of the holidays and reward the stupid people who if they aren't going to quit give the days off to . So my thinking is maybe I should just stop caring and start messing up every thing and not do what I am supposed to since that apparently gets rewarded. I can't work Christmas eve or day because my entire family is going to Massachusetts and I am not spending that alone to work. So I guess it's time for me to stlp procrastinating and find a better job that actually pays decently or at least pays holiday pay.

Rank has its privledges.

Years ago, at one of the stores I worked at, the store manager took a week off right in the middle of Christmas rush. Company policy is that nobody, but NOBODY, gets to take any time off between Thanksgiving and Christmas. And he just up and left after being told no numerous times by the corporate suits.

He just ended up getting reassigned to another store. If any of us peons tried that, we'd be out the door.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

That is one thing that I hate. When Magangers, takes like a week out for all holidays, and everyone has to suffer. That happened to me once, at walmart. Yet, if any of us, tried that, we would be fired and what would the managers get, a little slap on the wrist .
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Hotelslave, if I may make a few suggestions?

Don't slack off. With luck, you'd be fired.

Work hard, and look for a better job.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
        X