This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Rahmota View Post
    Wow I didn't know $2 bills where considered novelty anymore either. I thought they where still valid currency?
    That's the thing about currency, there really is no authority toward whether a particular piece is valid or not. Generally currency loses whatever value it's got when you start to doubt whether or not you'll be able to pass it on to another person. But the thing about novelty currency is whether or not it's valid in the eyes of the public you can still bet that there's someone who'd like to have it, and would, in the case that it is not valid, pay face value for it.
    You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Quoth booger View Post
      When I was a burger slave, I had a regular customer who would go to the bank and take out money all in $2 bills - about $100 worth at a time. I'm not sure why he liked them so much, but he didn't hoard them- he would spend them. It was curious.
      I do much the same thing, though not to the extent of getting a hundred dollar's worth of the things.
      You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Quoth booger View Post
        When I was a burger slave, I had a regular customer who would go to the bank and take out money all in $2 bills - about $100 worth at a time. I'm not sure why he liked them so much, but he didn't hoard them- he would spend them. It was curious.
        I have a customer like that too! She told me once that when she goes to the bank, she always requests her money in 2 dollar bills and spends them, just 'cause she thinks they are neat. I've probably checked her out four times and she pays only in 2's. I like to give them out as change to people, especially if a there's a customer with a kid. Kids love them.

Comment

Working...
        X