This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You all MUST have heard by now...

The big red box I work for has until the 16th to sell the company or we're to start liquidation. The internal letter was leaked + there was a public release on our investor relations site, so I'm comfortable posting this here.

I'm distraught. I'm finally in a position there where I'm happy and our chapter 11 is eating us quicker than we'd ever dreamed. I don't know where to start looking for work. Everyone is on a hiring freeze or full.

Target? Staples? K-Mart?

You all MUST have heard by now...
    ...That the bird is the word?
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Im sorry to hear that Pezzle!
      I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

I guess Circuit City.
        I am Wolverine.............and Wolverine does not do high kicks.

He was a hero to me....and heroes are not supposed to die.

Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw!

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
          Target? Staples? K-Mart?

...That the bird is the word?
          Circuit City.

I've never even been in one, but it sucks that yet another CSer could soon find themselves out of a job.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth persephone View Post
            I guess Circuit City.
            Ja, bingo.

And yes. God yes, the bird is the word.

I'll have a job for probably another 2-3 months if we liquidate. They need all the warehouse people for that, so at least I have that much breathing room to plan for.

Comment

A couple months ago a brand new Circut City opened by my house. Last week it closed down. Sad but funny.

Sorry to hear another CSer lose their job. Man we're dropping like flies! Well you could always try grocery stores. One of the few markets that actually need people most of the time. I know it sucks but its better than nothing.

Comment

Working...
              X