This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hooray! We're screwed!

I have mentioned how corporate keeps up this drumbeat that we have to become "lean and mean" to compete with Target, Kohl's and Wally World. My take on it is that we're "anorexic and pissed".

Well, apparently the bean counters at corporate have somehow found more fat to be knocked out. From here on out to Christmas, we only get 4 people on third shift to fill and backstock trucks. No more. We had 5 or 6 this entire summer.

To compensate, we're probably not going to get 5 trucks a week as we used to; probably more like 3 or 4 or week, but the DC will just compensate by packing them full--at least 1200 cartons.

I worked overnight last night and we barely got the downstairs freight backstocked. We didn't touch anything upstairs.

I cannot wait until the suits come by on a visit and walk off the backroom and see freight from one end of the backroom to the other. Of course, they'll just respond by making third shift count their cartons instead of bringing in more people.

This isn't going to be a very merry Christmas. Not that any of them are, but this year is really going to suck.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily
Working...
X