This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Delivery Experience

I didn't know where to put this, so I decided to put it here. My friends and I ordered food from one of the local delivery places around my college. First, when we called, they had a great deal of difficulty understanding the address of my residence on campus becuase the person taking orders/answering the phones was new there. When it was seen that he was having too much difficulty with putting in the order, I assume the restaurant manager took over and took down our address and our food order (eggplant parm w/ spaghetti, an order of chicken fingers, a side of fries, and a calzone). She gave us the total of $21.81 and said it would be there in 45 minutes( I called at 7, so the food should have arrived at 745). 815 rolls around and the food still has not arrived. I call the delivery place to check up on the order and they say they will call the delivery guy to check up on it. There was still no food at 830 or no call from the manager, so I decide to call the restaurant back to re-check on the food. I got off the phone with the manager saying they were reached the driver and he went to the wrong location. Now mind you, I repeated the address twice to the person answering the phone and once more to the manager. In addition, we repeated the order three times as well because they just could not understand what I was saying. From my perspective, I heard some sort of an accent over the phone from both the employee and manager (not saying that persons with accents should not answer phones, but that it made getting everything across difficult). This is not the first time I have had this problem. Finally at 845, the delivery driver calls and says the food is here. I get to his car and tell him I want to check and make sure the food was still hot. If it was cold, I was going to refuse the food. When I checked the food, it was still hot, so I took it. I did mention to the driver that it was unacceptable for the food to be an hour late and I did not give him a tip (which is something I normally do, even if the food is up to half an hour late). I also called the pizza place back and made mention of my concerns to the manager and said we would no longer be ordering food from them and that my friend's dinner was made with the wrong type of pasta (he got ziti, not spaghetti which he wanted).

Was I an SC because I did not tip the driver for being an hour late, then wanting to check the food, and then informing the manager we would no longer be ordering from them? I hate not to tip delivery drivers because I know they work hard for that money and I hate informing a manager I will not be a customer of theirs any longer, but I felt it was necessary because this is a recurring event, but this was as bad as I have ever seen it from this restaurant.
    Running on ice is just as smart as shoving a fork in the toaster - Blas in regards to a dry pool diving team member who decided to run across a 50 mph highway following an ice storm

well I guess you need to consider who made the pizza late, the driver or the store (if the driver was given the wrong directions then its not his fault) plus he cant even start the delivery until the pizza is ready.... (but im bias because my bf delivered pizza for 5 years), plus they pay for their own gas and dont usually get much of the delivery fee the store charges.

Im not calling you an SC, because having to wait an hour after promise is pretty crappy, and as you said its a recurring event.... so my advice, dont order from them again. If you have a problem, call the manager, the drivers cant really do anything.
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Working...
    X