X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS3 Woes

not an SC but more of a day of woes

So today was the day we had a pre-order for Playstation Three..Bassically this means that every Tom Dick and Harry was outside since the crack of dawn (and for the guys who actually GOT the pre-order, even earlier) The amount of people who complained to managment (and me) that we lured them in with "false advertising' because we had only recieved 4 systems for pre-order was mind boggling. Yes sir, we are trying to screw you by minimising our companies profits and maximising Son'ys. Take it up with Sony you dolts!

Kinda funny coming into my shift and seeing a bunch of sleeeeeepy people outside waiting for a game system. Imma gamer and i did it before, just interesting from the other side of the fence.

Anyway my small rant about today. Wasnt horride just kinda made a lil wtf moments.
    Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

I can understand the customers being upset if, say, 15 preordered a game system, and only 4 came in.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I refuse to preorder a game system.

I got one of the first gen PS2s and while it has held up remarkably well, it will not work with any of the RFU adapters i tried it with.(the things that let you plug it into the coax plug, instead of the Red White and Yellow connections.)
      Course this is nothing anymore, as my tv has 3 sets of these RWY plugins. hehe

Course i hear all these horror stories of first gen consoles falling apart, or breaking, or catching fire. and while i KNOW that some if not atleast half of these are neglect by the ownders. Id still rather wait.

It doesnt help that i cant afford to buy anything anymore either. hehe

I havent looked into it, but I am amazed people will pay thousands of dollars to get these damn things on ebay.
      Hell i want a 360, but im going to wait til there are more then 2 games for it i want, as well as hopefully a price drop... hehe

I know ill be getting a ps3 if MGS4 is exclusive to it. but it wont be until MGS4 is out, and i have a copy in my hand, that im going to worry about getting a ps3.
      http://www.vilecity.com/index.php?r=221271
      Cyberpunk mayhem!

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
        I can understand the customers being upset if, say, 15 preordered a game system, and only 4 came in.
        Just to clarify- this would be in no way the stores fault. For the launch on the PS3 there will be 500 000 total released, 400 000 in America, and 100 000 in Japan. Sony has done bad.

Back on topic- At least you get yours soon! We have to wait till march (with a nice $1000 price tag) which meant alot of customers came back and got refunds on their preorders. ARGH SONY, ARGH!

Comment

Quoth Angelized View Post
          For the launch on the PS3 there will be 500 000 total released,
          Good lord what is wrong with them.

EDIT: Didn't we go through this six years ago?
          Last edited by Sofar; 10-22-2006, 10:10 AM. Reason: Added something.
          You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Quoth Angelized View Post
            For the launch on the PS3 there will be 500 000 total released, 400 000 in America, and 100 000 in Japan. Sony has done bad.
            If I remember the story I glanced over in yesterday's paper, I do believe it has something to do with unavailable parts.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Sofar View Post
              EDIT: Didn't we go through this six years ago?
              Five actually.

And don't get me started on that. That week is going to just be plain HORRIBLE for me. Ps3, Wii, Gears of War for the 360 and god only knows what's being thrown out for the PC users.

If I survive this insanity, it will be a miracle.
              I AM the evil bastard!
              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Sofar View Post
                Good lord what is wrong with them.
                IIRC, it's production underruns on the Blu-Ray diodes.
                Character flaws aren't a philosophy -Scott Adams

Comment

Quoth Drakstern View Post
                  IIRC, it's production underruns on the Blu-Ray diodes.
                  Otherwise known as, "Rushing a product that is not fully developed to market."

Remincs me of the new VGcats cartoon.

"Magic sometimes sounds like tape." - The Amazing Johnathan

Comment

When IS it expeted out?
                    "I want to be a mongoose. Can I be a mongoose dog?"

Comment

Quoth Sphinx View Post
                      When IS it expeted out?
                      I heard November 16th.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Sometime around November, I thought about getting it but I'm waiting for a price drop.

This was pretty much my reaction when I heard the price. http://lexluthor.ytmnd.com/
                        The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                          I heard November 16th.
                          November 17th. The Wii is out on the 19th
                          I AM the evil bastard!
                          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Sphinx View Post
                            When IS it expeted out?
                            About the same time as "Duke Nukem Forever" is released.
                            "Magic sometimes sounds like tape." - The Amazing Johnathan

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                              sorry i have been busy and didnt manage to get this point clarified fom the origional post. This WAS the pre-order. We only got 4 pre-orders available the rest got nothing as we didnt have any more vouchers. If they had all made a pre-order and this was the actual release date then I would understand their plight.

Also release day is November 16th. Gunna be a fun week as the Nintendo Wii is set to launch the next day (which IMO is great for them since they have a MUCH larger release with many more systems)

Also other things released that month do include Gears of War and such as mentioned before but the big PC game next month is.......Burning Crusade the WoW expansion >.<
                              Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Comment

Working...
                              X