This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another perfect storm!

It was another red-letter night at the fabulous Looneyland, let me tell you.

-First, ad tonight was huge because we basically had two full ads to do. One of the midwest-based hardware/houseware/farm supply stores in town opened up its toy department this week. They only carry toys from October to Christmas, they have a big selection, and they make a ginormous deal about it. So naturally we have to have a big toys ad of our own to stay competitive. We had our regular ad, which was about 30 pages, plus the toy ad which was also 30 pages. I spent close to 4 hours in toys putting up signs; we didn't finish ad until after 6:00.

-On top of that, auto pulls were enormous; over 500 SKUs for maybe 2,000 pieces total. We usually have somebody pulling during the day to keep the end-of-day autopulls down, but she flew back home to California to be with her father, who is near death from cancer, so we have no idea when she'll be back and her hours are not being filled by somebody else. It took the puller almost the enitre night to get everything pulled, and practically nothing got filled. I bet it will all be sitting in the back room awaiting us tonight.

On top of that, we still have backstock from the last truck to do. And tonight I'm supposed to audit pull tags again, because corporate has made that a point of emphasis for us lately, but I bet I don't end up starting that, much less finishing it.

I think I should just take Saturday nights off my availability from now on.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
    I think I should just take Saturday nights off my availability from now on.

Sounds like a good idea to me!!!!
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
    X