This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teenage monsters playing bumper cars with our handicap carts

last night i had been called up to do a carry out because a customer had 2 carts of groceries, after i finished loading up her groceries and thanked her and was returning to the store when i was stopped by a couple on their way out.

They said some kids needed some smacking around, because they were playing bumper cars with the handicapped motor scooters so i went in and told them to knock it off and get out of the store NOW!! they of course mocked me and continued on, so i went to the nearest phone and paged security to the lobby ive never seen a bunch of rif raff run out the door that fast in my life lol i think they knew we had a cop on duty. (local cop doing some moonlighting, not a wanna be Barny fife rent a cop )

While that might be fun to watch, that can't be any good for the handicapped carts. And then you get to deal with the irate customers who want or need to use them.

Good for you for calling security on them.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

We get geniuses who like to play on them in our store. They never get as far as starting them though...we take care of them before that happens. We all have authority to kick them off, and I've gotten to the point where 'the glare' works wonders (I work with kids - I've perfected it haha).

Why, oh why, do parents think stores are babysitting services? I wish we could have some secret room we could lock them in, give parents a scare that their precious angel has disappeared, then hold them for a few days, and give them back. See how they like it.
      Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Comment

Quoth Ringman View Post
        <snip> i was stopped by a couple on their way out.

They said some kids needed some smacking around

I LOVE these customers JUST for saying that!!!!!!!!!
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

At my local supermarket, the couple of motorised scooters that they have for handicapped people are locked. You have to ask Customer Services for the key. This stops any bumper-car antics dead in their tracks - at least, i've never seen it.
          A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
          - Dave Barry

Comment

Quoth thegiraffe View Post
            I wish we could have some secret room we could lock them in, give parents a scare that their precious angel has disappeared, then hold them for a few days, and give them back. See how they like it.
            They'll probably thank you for the vacation
            I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

I have an old story about these... THough it wasn't bumper cars, it was an idiot kid who didn't wanna walk all ten aisles to get some pop.

He jumps on and starts riding. I see him, go and grab the cop on duty(also not a Rent a Cop. Uniformed off-duty cop. ^_^ ). Now, he's a nice guy, though he's also known for being an utter hardass. We go off and find the kid.

<Cop> *to the kid* Hey, get off that.

<Kid> *Snotty* No.

<Cop> Are your legs broken?

<Kid> Do they look like they are?

<Cop> Do you want them to be?

Kid got off that cart *fast*...

Never had trouble with him again...
              Character flaws aren't a philosophy -Scott Adams

Comment

Working...
              X