Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats not corporate policy Lace, thats just your store manager being an idiot. Neither of the stores that I work at or the other 2 in my city have that policy.

Comment

I suspected as much. Our manager is hailed by everyone as being some kind of genius, but I always had my doubts. I'm also wondering now if it's due to a customer complaint, as they take customer whines way too seriously here.
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Damn that's such a stupid policy. Next thing you know you won't be allowed to touch their money. Then after that your moron manager will say your not allowed to touch the stuff they're buying.

Lace have you asked why your store has this policy when the other stores?

I think both customers and employees need to fire off a complaint to the main office. I don't think it would do any good to report it to your mangager. I could see him reading the complaints about employees not being able to run their cards through. That's when he wouldprobably come up with a new policy saying you must take the card and run it through.

Now if manager catches you running a card through you can always say:

"But I didn't touch the card. The card touched me"
        Take this job and shove it. I ain't workin here no more.

Proud Air Force Mom

Comment

That is a stupid policy, if you are a big named store.

At my store, we have the kind that we have to swipe there card for them. I hate doing it, because, I always think what if, I mess up and double charge them, or worse.
          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I have actually asked, but not gotten an answer. That's typical really. Now every time a customer moans about the policy, I urge them to make a general complaint at Customer Services. With any luck, they'll change back to the old one. We have far more cards left behind now than we ever did before, too.
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth RavenStarr View Post
              Now if manager catches you running a card through you can always say:

"But I didn't touch the card. The card touched me"
              Or you can say that you weren't actually touching the card, since electron repulsion means you have to apply infinite force to actually make two electrons touch. You were simply applying enough force to be able to swipe it... or something like that, if I remember my physics correctly...
              free from the evil clutches of crappy tire

Comment

Working...
              X