Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I keep being re-located! (fairly long)

OK, since January this year I worked as deputy manager at a convenience store in Rotherham, about 15 minutes from where i live. Since July, I have wanted a transfer, and I told my area manager this. The store in Rotherham was very rough, and the staff and customers were all dumbasses, i was getting seriously peed off.

So in August i got news that I was being transferred permenantly to a store in Wakefield, slightly closer to home. The area manager came to see me, and told me about the store i was going to - a bigger store, I would be paid slightly more too. He asked when I could leave the Rotherham store, and it wasn't until October, a shame since I was desperate to leave, but people needed holidays covering so I had to stay there.

So October the 2nd, I got to my new store. A few days after, I went back to Rotherham store to get my employee development file, and took it to the Wakefield store the day after. I gave it to my new manager, and he said "oh, you'd better keep hold of that until you've spoken to the AM" And I was like errr . . .

So I phoned the AM, and he told me about a new store they are opening in Doncaster - the town I live in. This store's gonna have all the newest technical developments in its EPOS system (some of which i wasnt familiar with), and electronic shelf edge labels, and very high efficiency refrigeration. And he told me that he's moving me again! To there! Fair enough. So on the 6th November, I start there, getting the shop ready for opening at the end of november.

Then last Thursday 19th, he phones and says he needs me at a superstore on Saturday 21st morning to help them count stock. Fair enough, its stocktake weekend.

Friday 20th PM, just as im leaving work at Wakefield store, my manager comes running out with the phone, and tells me the AM is on the phone again.

He tells me that he's in a tight situation at the moment because a manager has left a store in Rotherham (not my old store), and they hardly have any cover. So would I cover the duty managers job there for 2 weeks, as their duty manager is becoming the manager. Right, so i've gotta leave the Wakefield store now, and go to the superstore tomorrow to count, then go to the Rotherham store monday. Errrrm ok then.

It wasn't too much of a problem, since the Wakefield store had a new duty manager sorted in anticipation of my leaving on 6th Nov. But he needs training to do the job as he is new to the company. The manager there is capable of this though. Another reason the AM wanted me at the Rotherham store is because they have the new EPOS system, so I can learn that and be a tutor to the staff at the new store that i'm going to (they are all being trained professionally too, but its never enough).

Hopefully I wont get moved again (for a while), when I get to the new store in Doncaster. My AM did say that it wasn't him who recommended me for the job there, but HIS BOSS! So I must be in demand! But it is getting a bit tiresome being moved over and over.

Clearly they think highly of you and know you can handle yourself in pretty much any situation. Kudos to you for that. It's just too bad that the only perk you can get out of a scenario like this is that warm, fluffy, I’m needed here feeling, and not monetary compensation.
    Our brains are smarter than we think they am!

Comment

Working...
    X