This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice email to receive

Got to work this morning and I'm in customer services again. I've been browsing through the emails, and one caught my eye.

A bit over a year ago, I did a project investigating electronic ordering. In this, I contacted over a hundred of our best customers, but one of them said she'd had to hang up the keys to her shop temporarily.

"I've been diagnosed with breast cancer," she told me in a matter-of-fact tone of voice.

You know that feeling when evey sphincter in your body clenches tight? (There are more than the obvious one, folks...)

I think she sensed my unease and told me not to worry. It was just something she had to get over.

Interestingly enough, the email that caught my eye was from said person and she wanted to get her account open once more, having overcome an illness.

That's started my day right. Now I just need to see if anyone's going to bring me down.

Rapscallion

That's great. It's always good to hear when somone overcomes an illness.

Comment

That's always good news. Cancer is a major crisis, and its very hard to get through, from what I have seen.
      Gun control is hitting your target; recycling is reloading your brass.
      "It's not our fault the Business School makes you buy those crappy Gateways!"
      "The queue is..."

Comment

That made my day, too, Raps!!

As a cancer survivor myself, it warms my heart to know that others are out there kicking the "big C" in the nuts and getting on with their lives!

It makes me want to find this woman and give her a !

Great way to start the day - I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that no one will bring you down today. I predict things will go well . . . hope I'm right!

Phoenix
        "I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons" - Douglas Adams
        "If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off . . . " - unknown

Comment

Working...
        X