This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow Day!

The cinema is closed because of the snow!

We had moderate snow on Monday which made the roads a bit dicey in the afternoon. Total admissions for the day was under 200. Today we have 4" of snow with more coming down, so I guess they expect less than that.

I got a phone call saying the cinema was closed and I get a paid night off! Hooray!
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Quoth cinema guy View Post
    I got a phone call saying the cinema was closed and I get a paid night off! Hooray!
    Paid night off? In this economy? Dude, sweet! Good for you.

Comment

Woo hoo!! Party at cinema guy's place!!
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Bah, some of us *have* to go into work!
        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

My work place was closed on Monday. Only 3 or 4 out of around 20 managed to come in, and the others got a paid day off.

Sounds good - right ?

I had Monday off as annual leave. On top of which I couldn't do any of the things I'd planned, because on Sunday night I went over to my mother's house planning to leave first thing on Monday. On Monday none of the buses were running (through the whole of London !) and I was stuck...

I did get to make a snow cat though.

Congratulations on your bonus day off Cinema Guy. I'm not bitter at all...

Victoria J

Comment

Well today I went in at 9. I was supposed to be there to check the print of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (ie watch the film through).

But the chief projectionist was snowed in, so I ended up working till 11.45pm. So loads of extra hours.

8 out of 14 staff called in because of the snow.
            "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Working...
            X