Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The only thing that's hard about my new job...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only thing that's hard about my new job...

...is that there is nothing hard about my new job.

I am working in a dormitory cafeteria as a cashier. Students come in, I slide their meal card, they say, "thanks!" and go eat. If they don't have any money on the card, it's noted, they eat anyway and the computer sends a statement (or something). So, even if they are SC's about payment problems- I don't deal with it. I just smile and slide the card.

95% of the time I'm staring into space.

BUT I am getting paid to stare into space so I guess that's a plus.
    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
    HellGate: London

Congrats on the new job, NightAngel!

Here's hoping it all works out well for you.
    Osoroshii kangae nimo osoware masu...

Comment

Thanks.

I am hoping that eventually I can move into either the Kitchen or to serving. I'm used to being busy and it drives me nuts just standing there. There is a very nice elderly lady that works during the day and I think the job is perfect for her. It isn't stressful, strenuous or anything. There is actually a nice couch and chair set right with the cash register so she can sit down and rest when it's slow.

Overall, honestly, I'm very lucky because it is a nice job and my co- workers mostly seem pretty laid back. I've only worked two days though so I might find out later I'm wrong. Being cashier I don't really spend much time with them anyway.
      "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314

Comment

In a lot of places, you're lucky simply because it is a job period. I'm glad that you were fortunate enough to find the one you have now. ^_^

I'm trying to keep it together for both of my jobs, and it's getting really hard especially with school in the mix. Every time I think of lessening my load, though, I think of all the people who would kill to be where I am now, and so I move onward.

On a side note, I'll admit I have a penchant for occasionally mouthing off to rude customers (which sometimes turns them into good customers later on!), but I certainly appreciate what I have now, occasional stress-related illnesses aside.
        Osoroshii kangae nimo osoware masu...

Comment

Oh yeah, I hear ya.

I do count myself lucky to have a job- any job. This really is a pretty good job anyway so I'm even luckier.

~TechSmith 314

Comment

I would love to have any job right now. I am suppose to have Unemployment coming in, but they are screwing around with that. And how it is in my state, they only have one phone number for English. I just keep sending out resumes and filling out applications, but nothing is coming from it. And to top it off, I have only about $0.65 on me. I cannot pay my bills or anything, and I finally got my debt paid off.
            Under The Moon Paranormal Research
            San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

That ain't nothin'.

How would you like to make 30 bucks an hour, mandatory overtime, with a generous retirement/pension package pushing a freakin' broom!

That's what some union employees with the most seniority do at some of the "Big Three" automaker plants in the Midwest.

Comment

Working...
              X