This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't bug the mail lady...

It's not really a sucky customer...nor is it a true sighting...and with his attitude I couldb't put it in praising...so....

I'm on a route that isn't mine and delivering to some apartments. Since I'm unfamiliar with the route I'm a bit (1hour) behind and a couple people have been waiting for the oh so important netflix and magazines. One guy got shooed out to smoke outside and watched me go in one door, come out, go in the next, and come out a few times. Finally I get to the door he was at and there is no one there. Shrugging I make my way in and open the apartment style boxes. It's a slightly newer one and makes quite a bit of noise. A door opens behind me and cigarete guy is looking at me.

CG: Yay, we get mail today. So do I have mail?
    Me: I Don't know...do you?
    CG: Uh...I don't know?
    Me: *drops a magazine into a slot*
    CG: YAY! A magazine.

Now this is when I give him a weird look and a girls voice pops up from inside the apartment.

G: What are you doing?
    CG: We have mail.
    G: OKay...
    CG: She put some in our box.
    G: Let the mail lady work...
    CG: But I wanna see if we have anymore mail.
    G: Wait till she's done then.
    CG: BUT....
    G: Don't bug her, just come back in.
    CG: But I wanna watch.
    Me: *snickering*
    G: Leave her alone.
    CG: Do we have any more? Is that mine? It IS!
    G: Get back in here. Leave the girl alone.
    CG: We have two magazines now.
    Me: *trying to not laugh*
    G: I am so sorry....GET IN HERE.
    CG: We got a letter...a letter and two magazines.
    G: Oh gods...
    CG: Two letters!
    G: Stop... *sounding defeated*
    Me: All done. *closes the box with a slight slam*
    G: I'm very sorry.
    Me: Oh no...thanks in fact.

As I head out the door I can already hear him digging into the box to get out his two magazines and two letters...and her muttering about how he needed to leave the mail person alone. I giggled through the rest of the apartment complex.

And folks this wasn't a little kid...this is a guy who was getting a letter from the local university. I think he was bored.

I get antsy waiting for the mail if I know I have a yarn order due that day or the next. Fortunately I can see the box from my living room, and can hear the truck pulling away from most of the house. But I do head right out as soon as I see the truck pull up.
    Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
      And folks this wasn't a little kid...this is a guy who was getting a letter from the local university. I think he was bored.
      I've been known to play some silly games like that with service people (and mail carriers ). It's seems clear you were amused by his antics, so no big deal.

Oooo, I wonder if I have mail?

Comment

yeah, I do that from time to time also. I also hate it, when I am waiting for a paycheck or some type of check and the mail comes after my bank closes. But any other day, it comes before.
        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Did he sound something like this?

Click to listen
          I'm tolerant of everyone and everything except for assholes. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

Working...
          X