This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call center fun

I work at a call center that deals in internet sales(people who are too stupid to place their orders online call us). Cal centers can be the worst places to work(I worked at one center where you had to try to scam old people into letting an insurance salesman come in and peddle his wares under the guise of "tax break information")

I am thankful for 3 things where I work.

1: I work nights. I have free reign to do as I want, provided I do my job in the meantime. All the managers leave at 5:00 PM(If you see an agent supervisor there at 5:01 PM, then someone's clock is off. YOURS)

2: I am competent in the sites I work for, and I need little help in figuring out what a customer needs. Most of these people who work here don't know a USB from Cat5e. makes you wonder why they hire these kids to work here.

3: Since my boss' boss knows I am good at my job, and despite the fact I have a lot less calls on nights which gives me a lot of free time to goof around and help people there(I own a handheld, and load up my TV shows onto it and watch them while I wait for a call) he doesn't jump down my throat when I get a Call Monitor where I get a SC and after 5 minutes of telling the person that there is nothing we can do for him(My name is not Q. I cannot bend the laws of space, time and reality for your benefit.)

People always complain that they want a day shift. Nights is so much better. Yes you have to deal with less calls, and by definition a higher percentage of SCs, but no one is there to scream at you from management when you have 40 minutes between calls at 11:00 PM and you are in the middle of a DS9 episode(the one where Quark, Rom, and Nog are sent back to Roswell) and don't feel like doing any of the paperwork they suggest.
    I did not sell my soul to Satan. He does have a long term lease with the option to buy.

Yeah, night shifts are nice - less folks to deal with and less supervision, but I am not one that can be without something to do for too long. I have to have interaction with others.
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth Deceptitech View Post

People always complain that they want a day shift. Nights is so much better. Yes you have to deal with less calls, and by definition a higher percentage of SCs, but no one is there to scream at you from management when you have 40 minutes between calls at 11:00 PM and you are in the middle of a DS9 episode(the one where Quark, Rom, and Nog are sent back to Roswell) and don't feel like doing any of the paperwork they suggest.
      I just put in to move to the overnight shift where I work (internet tech support). I don't know who actually calls their internet provider at 3AM, but I think it's got to be interesting.
      I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Working...
      X