This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth KorporateKitty View Post
    So basically I am being treated as if I were a no call no show...I though I'd shown that I was a hard worker on Sunday, probably got sick because of it and to boot I only had a half hour break (so illegal) for over 13 hours of work.
    I would maybe point that out to your manager, that you didn't receive your legally mandated break amount and that if you ARE given a NCNS then your local labor board might just be receiving a call
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Never ever been made to go to work.

We are meant to be 'fit to fly.' If I doubt my ability to open a plane door surrounded by fire and smoke etc I will not go in.

I don't want to go into work even when I'm not ill so nothing would make me go in when I actually am ill.

*Shrugs* The airline have zero loyalty to it's staff so I have no loyalty for the airline and would never bother to struggle in in bad weather or anything.
      No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

Quoth KorporateKitty View Post
        I always thought that as long as you called out at least 3 hours in advance you were okay, but since I could not find someone to cover my shift I was told it would be counted as an unexcused absence. I called the two numbers they provided me with to try to find a replacement (this store has over 60 employees) and the first one went directly to voicemail, the second number was out of service.
        This. This is a big pet peeve of mine. If you're sick and cannot come in to work, it is not, and SHOULD NOT, be your responsibility to fill the vacancy. That's what managers are for. I'd contact your local labor board about this, and about the fact you weren't given sufficient breaks for the time you were working.
        Dealer hits... 21. Table loses.

This happens more often than most people want to believe.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, Kiwi and Tuxian. I think it was my responsibility to call out in a timely manner if I was sick, if I had called out like an hour or less before my shift than I could see them doing what they did. They said I should be having a "conversation" with the SM soon to discuss my "unexcused absence".. But, she's one of the ones I was working with that day/night so she knows how long I worked, and I'm pretty sure she heard me coughing etc. so she'd know I wasn't lying or trying to play hookey.

Comment

At the gas station I used to work at we had a very small staff, and it was a 24 hour station. One night, which happened to be the staff party deal (which I couldn't have come to anyway, since they scheduled it on a night I worked, awesome of them I know), I ended up with a wicked migraine. Now my migraines come complete with visual problems, which do go away after about half an hour. I never ever called in sick there, not once. This was a particularly bad migraine. The manager asked me if I could just come in for 2 hours. Me being me, I agreed, and said I could run the till but nothing else.

I ended up being there for 5 hours, because they were waiting for a table at the restaurant they were going to. At the staff party I couldn't attend in the first place.
            “Bad taste creates many more millionaires than good taste.”

-Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
            X