This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does everyone come to me?

I work in the paint department. I've been there for maybe 3 months. Before that, I was a loader. Before that, I sold cars, and before that, I worked at RadioShack for 7 years. So, as you can tell, I don't have much experience with paint.
    However, all my co-workers come to me with their questions. "How do I do this?" "Where would this be?" "What is an airless spray gun?" etc etc etc

The thing is, everyone else in that department has been there far longer than I have. Even the Team Leader asks me questions she should know.

To be perfectly frank, I've only taken a few of the required tests and training needed for that department. ALmost everything I have learned has been by watching, reading and learning it on my own.

I hate to say it, but I probably do know more than everyone else in that department.
    But why would they come to me, the "greenhorn" of the paint department?
    Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Quoth Knightmare View Post

I hate to say it, but I probably do know more than everyone else in that department.
    And that's the scary part isn't it?

It was amazing to me just how fast I became the "Go to Guy".

When I was first hired, they said I would be part time when the greenhouse was not open, but I rarely see a paycheck without overtime. And they know better than to complain about that, I was off for three days instead of two and it was amazing how much stuff did not get done and how much was done wrong.

And now any question they can't answer, they come to me.

If they ever discover how to run a Google search I'm doomed!
    Last edited by Dark Psion; 10-31-2006, 07:23 PM.
    "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

Knightmare, maybe they just want to spend extra time with you.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Not testing your knowledge to try and get you up to speed as quickly as possible?

Comment

You probably just ooze that "I am a Paint God" aura from your pores :P

No, really, I'll bet you have that kind of "take charge" aura that does attract people, and they probably recognize that you pick up on things quickly, or at least have the mental resources to get to the bottom of the question. It's a good thing, really

Comment

Until you want to be left alone, then it becomes a bad thing

It's probably because you might be "seeable". What I mean by that is some people can "blend" into the crowd. Other just stand out. Not talking clothing style or prettiness, just that natural "standout".
            I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Being a freak magnet is a pretty common trait for just about everyone here.
              "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

Quoth LostMyMind View Post
                Other just stand out. Not talking clothing style or prettiness, just that natural "standout".
                Well, that part is certainly true. I stand out.. and OVER everyone in the store. I am the tallest person in that store.

And what really makes it suck is when other co-workers come get me to get a product and they can't find a step-stool or short ladder.

*sigh*
                Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

Comment

Because everyone loves a good Knightmare involving a dog dancing in a banana suit.
                  Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Quoth Cia View Post
                    Because everyone loves a good Knightmare involving a dog dancing in a banana suit.
                    While singing "It's Peanut Butter Jelly time!"

Comment

I wish I could add audio to my avatar... *sigh*

that would be, like, totally awesome to the max.

Comment

CSI: Customer's Suck

The detective arrives on the scene; "What do we have here?" he asks the officer. "I'm not exactly sure Sir. It appears he was stripped, covered in peanut butter and jelly, put into a banana costume and beat to death with these frozen fish. We also found a wood chipper out back that they may have been planning to use before they ran. Why would someone do such a thing?"

The detective looked closer at a computer at the counter, "This may explain it." and he clicked enter.

"It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time! It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time! It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time! It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!"

The officer put his hands to his ears, "That's his avatar?"
                        The detective turned it off, "Yes........Go start the wood chipper!"

Comment

Working...
                        X