This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The day the Music died...

A few days ago the song being played on the PA was some version of "American Pie." During the last chorus someone made a page, which mutes the music. When the page ended we heard "the day the music died <beep> <beep> <beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep> <some horrible buzzing sound> <silence>."

The music never came back. The MOD checked the PC that provieds the in store music ans messages. It was dead.

I guess that is what you get for playing a really bad cover of American Pie.

Hrm...our PA recently went on the fritz. Not dead, but it cuts in all staticy and w/ weird noises...

Comment

Quoth Hobbs View Post
      Hrm...our PA recently went on the fritz. Not dead, but it cuts in all staticy and w/ weird noises...
      Well, we can still make pages but no crap rock. Which seemed good at first until the quietness sadly gets to you.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
        A few days ago the song being played on the PA was some version of "American Pie." During the last chorus someone made a page, which mutes the music. When the page ended we heard "the day the music died <beep> <beep> <beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep> <some horrible buzzing sound> <silence>."

The music never came back. The MOD checked the PC that provieds the in store music ans messages. It was dead.

I guess that is what you get for playing a really bad cover of American Pie.
        On the plus side: no more Andrea Astrachan. Bring fruit pops to stay hydrated!

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
          Well, we can still make pages but no crap rock. Which seemed good at first until the quietness sadly gets to you.
          Yeah, our paging went completely out...except in fitting room, i think...

and sadly, yes the lack of music gets to you. although, now i realize i used it to drone out the incessant crying baby's and assorted minutiae in the store.

Comment

I have found that the only thing worse than in-store music is the lack thereof.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth DerangedHermit View Post
              On the plus side: no more Andrea Astrachan. Bring fruit pops to stay hydrated!
              Or soak the corner of your towel in nutrient solution to suck on when you get hungry.
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                Or soak the corner of your towel in nutrient solution to suck on when you get hungry.
                You could always hire street performers to hang around in the aisles

'Oh fruddled gruntbuggly, thy nicturations are to me, as gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee'

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post

The music never came back.
                  What timing! Like when my Led Zeppelin CD started going staticky during the song "Communication Breakdown"!
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Speaking of the store's music...

I've heard Samantha Mumba and O-Town lately. When are they going to play some Lou Bega? Or how about the Baha Men? Yeesh.

Comment

Quoth DerangedHermit View Post
                      Speaking of the store's music...

I've heard Samantha Mumba and O-Town lately. When are they going to play some Lou Bega? Or how about the Baha Men? Yeesh.
                      I will pay to hear "who let the dogs out."

But they haven;t got around to actually fixing the music yet. We now have radio in our back room so it is not silent.

Comment

Working...
                      X