This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i am well and truly screwed

OK, I will start by saying that I did screw up royally.
    It is normal when settling my credit card batch for a pop-up to come up saying that the batch is out of balance... normally it just means that I made an adjustment during my audit and that it hasn't been put in the CC batch... no big deal, it will go through the next day.
    I haven't been paying attention recently though... the message that's been popping up for the last two weeks says "there are no transactions to settle" rather than "batch is out of balance". So for two weeks I've been sending in absolutely nothing to the credit card processing center... so for two weeks the hotel hasn't been getting paid for any rooms that paid with credit cards for the last two weeks, because I've not been paying attention.
    If I'm lucky the owners will be able to sort it out and get those payments pushed through, and I'll get chewed out, I'll do the show tears to satisfy the angry gods, life will go back to normal... if I'm not lucky though (which with how things are going) and the owners aren't able to sort it out and I cost them a few tens of thousand of dollars... it will take a lot more than tears to satisfy the angry gods.
    So yeah, long story short, I'm well and truly screwed... any of you who believe in prayer, I'd really appreciate them right about now.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Geez Smiley I really hope everything works out ok, I have my fingers and toes crossed for you, please don't fret too much about it, I know that's a hard thing to do right now but I really don't want you to have a nervous breakdown or something.

I'll say a prayer for you tonight, let me know how everything went mate, you'll be right
    I am but a tiny, barren, insignificant rock caught in the glorious orbit of your shining sun. Gravekeeper.

Comment

update

Well shit... the system is still broken... at least last night though I reported it to tech support and even tier three couldn't figure out how to get it to work... most likely a tech will have to come out to the hotel to get the system working... so hopefully that will help my case some that it is well and truly broken and not just me being clueless (granted, had I not been clueless we would have been able to get it fixed sooner... but still).
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

When it does get sorted out, you should still be able to push the batches through to the CC companies. We found a batch from June that never went through and managed to get it processed in November. It involved our Accounting Manager phoning the CC company and talking it over with them, but it got posted in the end.

So, I think the hotel will get their money. After all, the CC companies want to charge interest on it, so they're on your side in all this.

Comment

I done that once at my last job. For some reason, I just completely forgot to process the CC's for 2 weeks. The owner called and wanted to know what happened. I just told him that I been trying to send it, but the program wouldn't let me. After that day, I remembered to do it, from then on
          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
            I done that once at my last job. For some reason, I just completely forgot to process the CC's for 2 weeks. The owner called and wanted to know what happened. I just told him that I been trying to send it, but the program wouldn't let me. After that day, I remembered to do it, from then on
            I live and die by my Outlook and cell phone calendars. I cannot count on myself to remember anything between being a mom and wife, secretary to four people at work, and going to school. I have notes on Outlook that recur daily to do the same things, but they keep me from getting sidetracked and forgetting until late in the day.
            Labor boards have info on local laws for free
            HR believes the first person in the door
            Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
            Document everything
            CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I had something happen on Friday that I'm still waiting to hear the results on.

I ran the batch at the end of the night, like always, but didn't realize the tape was at it's end. So it printed a few of the transactions, then....stopped.

I rushed to change the tape before it processed through, failed, and then suddenly saw that the screen said 'Batch Deleted.'

I'm waiting for a call back from <CC processing company> to see what they find.

Comment

Working...
              X