X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage-ending drama!

Or "Why I'm Glad I Don't Work in the Copy Center."

A woman came in tonight to have some stuff copied. As it happens, it was an invoice from Victoria's Secret that she found among her husband's stuff. And it wasn't for items he'd bought for her. She said it wasn't even her size.

One of the items on the invoice was a......whip......

I didn't even know you could get such things from Victoria's Secret.

So this woman was quite pissed and didn't hesitate to tell the copy center all about it. She intends to sue her husband for adultery.

That in itself would make for an interesting anecdote. But it gets better!

Not ten minutes after she leaves, a guy came in looking for have some documents scanned.

Divorce papers.

Guy: Yeah, my wife caught me cheating on her and I need to file for divorce so she can't sue me.

Yeah, it was THE guy. He missed his wife by less than ten minutes. Hoo boy, I'm glad he didn't come in while she was still there. I don't want to think about the scene that would have ensued.

If I didn't see that VS invoice with my own eyes, I probably wouldn't have believed this. Wow.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

That's funny.

However, I am reasonably certain you can still sue someone who is divorced.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

oh man I would have LOVED it if they had bumped into each other!!!!

talk about a train wreck!
      I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

I didn't know VS sold whips, either.

Even if I *did* know that, I doubt I'd get one from there.

I'm looking for something...more suited to my needs.

Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Wait. How do you sue your husband in any meaningful way? Most assets are joint. Unless she was going to sue for divorce on grounds of adultery. And wouldn't it be better for him if she asked for it? I have NO idea. Meh, doesn't matter.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Who the hell knows? Her suit may not go anywhere, but it makes for an amusing anecdote.
            "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Victoria's Secret does not sell whips. I'm 99% certain of that. The website does have a facial moisturizer described as a "whip" because of the consistency, so maybe the guy was just trying to combat the signs of aging.

Comment

Maybe it was Fredrick's?
                Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Quoth AriRashkae View Post
                  Maybe it was Fredrick's?
                  AFAIK, Frederick's doesn't sell whips or the like either. Mostly lingerie and high heels.

Adam & Eve, OTOH, you can find pretty much anything that floats your boat - including whips and riding crops.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

According to the girl working the copy center, they starting selling that stuff after some other company went out of business. I didn't ask, nor did I delve too deeply into it, but my guess is they don't list this stuff on their main website.

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                      I'm looking for something...more suited to my needs.
                      Leather Hello Kitty cuffs? Or this little number, maybe?
                      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                        AFAIK, Frederick's doesn't sell whips or the like either. Mostly lingerie and high heels.

Adam & Eve, OTOH, you can find pretty much anything that floats your boat - including whips and riding crops.
                        Adam & Eve is a pretty nice catalog. Shame the DH just got laid off. So now our budget is $200 in the whole every month, even after cutting out transferring to savings every month.
                        Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

I am not a lawyer, and laws vary from state to state.

Not all lawsuits are about money. Even though most states have no-fault divorces, many states do allow at-fault divorces as well, and even lawsuits for infidelity or alienation of affection. My hunch is that he's trying to file for no-fault before she can file an infidelity suit, because if the no-fault goes through, it's a 50-50 split, and if it's a case of alienation, she stands to take him to the cleaners.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                            Leather Hello Kitty cuffs? Or this little number, maybe?
                            Tempting, even though I'm not all about the whole Hello Kitty thing.

I just want a whip.

I guess I'll have to search around.
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

pm sent
                              cos the site that comes to mind... i dont know if i can post here, even if i make it unclickable (very nsfw)

anyway...
                              she could sue for divorce, or perhaps a pre-nup... and maybe just sue anyway. and in many states, proving your spouse is cheating on you gives you more leverage in what you get to walk away with.

i just don't see how his divorce attempt will get him out of being sued, unless she was going to sue for divorce

Comment

Working...
                              X