X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well wishes Desired...

Mods please move if needed...

I'm sure those of you in areas that need plowing have seen the driveway markers. Some are metal and some are wood, I myself have a scratch on my ear from when I fell almost on one.

One of my coworkers, a wonderful man, did fall on one. Highlight for how...not for the squeamish. He slipped, while wearing spikes, and it went through his eye. Going all the way back to crack the back of his skull.

As of a third MRI done about 3pm, today, there was no brain activity. His family is being summoned in to be there when the plug is pulled. Because this great wonderful teddy bear was a full body donor they are going to pull him for ten mins, declare death, then plug him back in to harvest.

His youngest daughter was about to graduate college in the top of her class, his other daughter is pregnant with his first grandchild. His coworkers are currently mourning the loss of a good friend. So for the nightly prayers one for his blood family and one for his postal family would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

I'm so sorry to hear about your coworker. His family will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers. I also hope that someone can benifit from the wonderful gift of his organ donation. For that reason, he truely is a hero.
    I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

That is so tragic. To be taken away at such a bright period in his life. He truly is a great man for being an organ donors. My prayers and thoughts are with his family.

I think all organ donors are beautiful and wonderful people. If I was allowed to donate organs I would.
      Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
      Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

*points at Hina's post*

You said it better than I could, in every way, shape and form.

I'm also offering well-wishes to the family, and to you and your co-workers Aeth.

Comment

*many many hugs* My prayers are with everyone affected. Organ donors certainly are heroes.
          1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
          -----
          http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

The story is anyone was interested...

Postal Carrier Dies After Fall

Comment

The organ donor sticker on my DL must've fallen off or gotten ripped off or something. I did have one--I promise.

I say when I die, they can put me on ice and turn me into the human equivalent of a Pick Your Part salvage yard.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I'm full body plus registered marrow donor.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                  The organ donor sticker on my DL must've fallen off or gotten ripped off or something. I did have one--I promise.
                  Nowadays, they don't have a sticker...they put the orange "sticker" literally on the card under the lamination...it's hard to explain.
                  I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

The UK is considering an 'opt out' rather than an 'Opt in' scheme, and I, for one, support it. Many people would donate organs if they knew how desperate the need is but they never hear of it.

They can take anything they want that's usable. Give someone else a better chance at life.

Well wishes for your friend that he finds his way to whatever afterlife is best for him.
                    Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

His family will be in my prayers as well.

Though if I may be the one to point out the other side of the coin. He obviously was a great man, his youngest daughter is about to graduate from college, I'll assume that he's made sure that worst case scenario his wife will be cared for. It will take strength, but his family, probably mostly because of his influence, will make it through this, and because he has signed up to be an organ donor he has just saved at least one other family the pain of losing a loved one, and quite possibly a loved one who is much more depended upon. That thought alone should bring some comfort, that this man was selfless enough to be an organ donor so that his family's tragedy could prevent another family's potentially worse tragedy.
                      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Geeeyyuuuuugh. What an awful way to go. My prayers to the families involved.

Bless him for choosing to be an organ donor...that decision will almost certainly save someone's life. I signed up for that the day I got my driver's liscense. Won't be needing an intact body anyway when the Reaper takes my hand; so if my parts can help another person, all the better.

Comment

Slightly, OT

But, ont the subject of being an organ Donor, well, I would if I could, but, because I live in a high-risk environment, I am legally ineligible to have my vitals donated.

(Long story; Short version is that a family member that I take care of has Several Extremely infectious Blood-borne Diseases, so the risk of being exposed to said diseases is roughly 7-10 thousand times above normal.)

Comment

Working...
                          X