Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Job Opportunities or Why Hina is Foolish!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Job Opportunities or Why Hina is Foolish!

Alright so it's spring break which means three things:
    1) I'm done midterms
    2) I need to find a summer job
    3) NEXT YEAR'S WORK OPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE YAY!

So there are a few jobs on campus that I've wanted for a while. A few days a go applications went out for them, and I applied to all of them. So here are my possible job opportunities next year=

1) Junior Don- I do not get paid for this job, but i get 2000 of residence. I get one whole floor full of first years under my control for two semesters. I need to plan activities and discipline them. Plus i get to make residence decisions and it looks great on a Grad School application.

2) KRLP- This is a student programming job. I don't actually get paid for this, but i get 2000 of my tuition if I do it. Basically, I design a programme for the first year resident students to take part in. Same amount of money as a JD, but less responsibility and it doesn't look as nice on my grad school applications.

The options cancel each other out because you can't do both. Also the Dean of Residence himself told me to apply for these jobs.

3) Supervisor of Front Desk. Just for having the position I get 10 hours worth of pay. This is before even taking a shift. So I could make 14-15 hours a week. Or I could just take the ten hours and not actually work the desk. As Supervisor I need to train new workers, do pay roll, and be at the beck and call of any of the workers who have any issues. Since I live on campus, I have done all the aspects of the job already except payroll. The new workers don't want to bug our Supervisors, which is stupid.

4) Student Security. 2 four hour shifts a week, making 2 bucks more an hour than i do now. On top of that latest shift ends at 4am, so I wouldn't have to be up all night anymore. Also, I have coworkers, and I get to move around of my own free will instead of sitting behind a desk begging other student workers to sit there for a few minutes so i can use the Ladies.

5) Bookstore. We all know what a campus bookstore is like from Lupo's lovely tales. The manager gave me a two week extension on my application.

So those are all my opportunities for next year. Any exciting new work news for any of you?
    Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
    Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.
Working...
X