This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I Like Online Banking

Over the past month, I've had several errands to run in my own car because the company TANK was being used. I was told to keep a log of the miles driven and I would be reimbursed at the end of that week. I turned in an 80 mile log last week, but there was no change in my direct deposit amount. So I waited for this week, thinking that I just turned it in too late for that week's payday. Not so. So I bring that up to Cola with a re-printout of the log. She's going to talk to the Accounting guy about it, and she'll probably just give me cash at the end of the day.

Now, for the title. I keep track of my funds through online banking, since it's mostly up to date. It also has the amounts of all my direct deposits, so I have proof I didn't get reimbursed. Printed out a copy of my statement and highlighted each week's deposit, and they are all the same.

In other news, someone stole the candy! Not all of it, but a half-full bag of Mars-brand candies (Snickers and the like), and half of the remaining Reese's and Kit Kat's.

Now THAT is just rude. Mostly because I can use it as an excuse to get sub-par candy so I'm not tempted to gorge. See what happens, Candy Thief? You act sucky and you ruin it for everyone else.
    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

*gasp*

Touch my Reeses and DIE.

Everyone who works for me knows that.

mmm......Peanut Butter and Chocolate numminess....

*drool*

Um....sorry. I'll just be over here, indulging my snack-monster.

Comment

My direct supervisor told me to ask Cola to have some locks installed on one of the cabinets. I think he's more offended by the fact that someone stole than the fact that they stole candy.

And, as it turns out, Cola put the reimbursement on someone else's payment, since his name is right above mine. I get cash at the end of the day.

If it's at least a dollar per mile driven, I'm getting myself a shiny new bottle of Scotch!
      "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

I hate people who steal candy! Hubby and I came back to work one night and watched the cleaning crew munch out of my candy bowl. Then she came back and took a handful. Yeah I hide my candy now

Also the Hubby found the bag of perfect chocholate yesterday, Kisses, Rolos and Reese's Peanut Butter cups. Now I just need to find the 5lb bag. What?
        Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

I think I"ll start rotating the candy hidey-holes. Or keep it in the drawer that's always stuck. If Cola can find the key to it, that'd be even better.

Comment

Quoth Elspeth View Post
            I hate people who steal candy! Hubby and I came back to work one night and watched the cleaning crew munch out of my candy bowl. Then she came back and took a handful.
            I used to keep a candy bowl of the good stuff on the counter, to the detriment of my hips. Someone on the cleaning crew decided that emptying the candy bowl every night for a week was acceptable. I decided it wasn't. No more candy dish and my hips are getting smaller.
            Labor boards have info on local laws for free
            HR believes the first person in the door
            Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
            Document everything
            CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

At a place where I worked several years ago, we had a department candy jar which we all took turns replenishing. After realizing that the cleaning crew was helping themselves and emptying the jar almost daily, we began locking it in the department safe (along with the department bottle of brandy) each night. New employees always were startled to see the person unlocking the safe each morning remove the candy jar and set it in its normal spot.
              "I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry humped." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
                If it's at least a dollar per mile driven, I'm getting myself a shiny new bottle of Scotch!
                Once you find out how much per mile, I'd like to know. I'm getting about $1.40 (Canadian) per mile including the fuel surcharge - and unless something's seriously wrong, you're getting far better fuel economy than I am (18 wheelers are thirsty).
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I <3 Hershey's Cookies and Cream bars.

I've even told my cohorts on the morning stock crew "Touch my Hershey's cookies and cream bar and you'll pull back a bloody stump."
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Cadbudy Mini eggs...

My ALLLL time favorite chocolate evar!!!!

Sadly, theyre only available around easter...

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                      Cadbudy Mini eggs...

My ALLLL time favorite chocolate evar!!!!

Sadly, theyre only available around easter...
                      My store sold some for christmas... watch out!
                      "But the pharmacy was here this morning...!"

Comment

Working...
                      X