This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Wants To Hear Some Good News?

Ok...so layoffs are not really good news.....and it's really not nice to make light of people who are out of a job (temporarily) in this economy...

Anyway, we've had some temporary layoffs at my work. I myself took a week off just for a mental break. Can I really afford it? Even with unemployment, not really, but the week before the layoffs started, I was on the verge of walking up to a number of people and just kicking them in the back of the head or slamming them right into their machines and forcing them to do something. That and I had a huge urge to find some duct tape and shut some mouths up for once.

Come to find out that they decided they needed more people to be laid off. So phone calls were made to people who were already off, volunteers were asked for, and there still wasn't enough. So upper management had to decide who got to go for the rest of the month.

I come back to work the other night and it's a ghost town. Quiet. So quiet. I thought wow, this month is going to be just horrid.

But then last night, I realized that almost all of the worthless lazy people who do nothing but talk and screw around all night are GONE. They either volunteered to or were forced to take the month off.

One whole month without the majority of the people who infuriate me. One whole month without the majority of people who show the real meaning of Beloved Dumbass Syndrome. One whole month of peace, quiet, and just doing our damn jobs!

Of course, there's always room for drama. Ann is obviously still there....and I'm the only one of her "victims" who is still there. I'm sure she'll try something with me at least once....and with that, Ramsay is on a rampage lately because he cannot balance college and working nights, but refuses to go to a different shift so he can sleep normally. Mentor is pretty much doing almost 3 shift lead's jobs a night, and she's on the verge of killing Ann and kicking Ramsay square in the balls.

But I'm willing to take that risk. I can't be too negative right now....this is just too good to be true. Peace and quiet and people actually working for once? For a whole month? Only a few tards left? OH MY GOSH...!!!
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Enjoy it while it lasts!!
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I'd be too busy bouncing off the walls and humming happy little tunes to be bothered by someone like Ann. How much do you think you could frustrate her by bobbing your head and just smiling blankly at her like you're listening to your Ipod and can't hear her? She might explode.
      "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Smiling at her is enough to get her blood boiling and her "tattle radar" going......sometimes when she's in her confrontational and adament moods, I will smile at her all night long....hoping she'll try to turn me in for suspicion of drug use.

Comment

My company, as usual, is doing the exact opposite - keeping all the worthless trash while firing / laying off all of the good people.
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Well see, these layoffs are strictly voluntary unless enough people don't volunteer...then they make people go. And the temps and people with least seniority are the first to go. This is also temporary, everyone will get to come back.

Most importantly, most of the worthless people were the first to volunteer. Of course, some veteran hard working employees jumped on the opportunity for a week or two mental break, but for the most part, the ones who hate working in the first place were the first ones to want to go.

My company can't afford to get rid of the best employees. If they were to fire all the good ones and keep the bad ones, that place would go to the ground so fast and they'd lose their stance as the #1 employer in the county.

Comment

Working...
            X