This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm naming my kid 'Satan'

One of my CW's is pregnant, and the other day I asked her if she had thought of any names.

Me: "So, have you thought of any names yet?"
    CW: "Yeah, if it's a boy my boyfriend wants 'Zachary.'
    Me: "What if it's a girl?"
    CW: "If it's a girl it's going to be either Paige or Satan."
    Me: "...um.....excuse me?.....
    CW: "What's wrong?"
    Me: "You're going to name...your child....Satan?"
    CW: "OH NO NO NO....I reversed the letters...it's Sage or Payton."
    Me: "THANK GOD."

We both laugh at that still.

Anyway...just thought I'd share. Heh.

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success.

My mother introduced a new neighbor at Relief Society (church adult women) as Pister Sedersen.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Depending on the child, Satan may not be that for off on some days. I'm going to be pleasantly surprised if my son doesn't introduce himself as "God DAMMIT N-----" since lately that's pretty much what he hears as in "God DAMMIT N----- GET DOWN FROM THERE!"
      "I've never had a heart attack, but it isn't for my son's lack of trying." - Me

Comment

I know a guy whose parent's came this close to naming him Lucifer, but, luckily for him, they remembered that to most people in the western hemisphere "Lucifer" doesn't translate as "fire bringer", and they when with Buddha instead.
        The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth TTAZ View Post
          Depending on the child, Satan may not be that for off on some days. I'm going to be pleasantly surprised if my son doesn't introduce himself as "God DAMMIT N-----" since lately that's pretty much what he hears as in "God DAMMIT N----- GET DOWN FROM THERE!"
          Bill Cosby thought his name was JESUS CHRIST! until he was seven (My Father Confused Me).
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I'm completely serious when I say I'm cutting out the middle man and naming my next dog "Dammit".
            "I've never had a heart attack, but it isn't for my son's lack of trying." - Me

Comment

That's it! If I have another child, their name is going to be Satin. Boy or Girl. Doesn't matter. Satin.

Comment

Quoth TTAZ View Post
                I'm completely serious when I say I'm cutting out the middle man and naming my next dog "Dammit".
                Kitty in the icon probably think's he's named "Hey you! Get off of there!"
                How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

We gave Oreo the nickname "Bucky" (cookies if you know what comic strip that is from he is just like him I swear). He hears his nickname so often that 9 times out of 10 he won't respond to his own name but he will respond to his nickname.

Comment

Quoth tigger222 View Post
                    We gave Oreo the nickname "Bucky" (cookies if you know what comic strip that is from he is just like him I swear).
                    Get Fuzzy

Fun one, even if I don't read the paper much anymore.
                    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

do you think it would be wierd to name a kid jesus

its a popular name in hispanic culture but I think it would be really strange if you named your kid jesus and pronounnced it with the J instead of an H

although it was apprently a fairly common name when Jesus was born!!!
                      I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

This thread reminds me of those Niggar family skits from the Chappelle Show
                        "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

One of my best friends at work has a daughter whose legal name is, in fact, Satan. Her name is actually Santana, but it got recorded wrong on the birth certificate.
                          Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

This reminds me of something my mother used to do. My older cousins are named Clayton and Sarah. She told me she always used to accidentally call them "Satan and Clara". The funniest part is that my uncle is a preacher, my aunt plays the organ for the church, and Clayton (Satan?) now works with Joel Osteen.

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
                              although it was apprently a fairly common name when Jesus was born!!!
                              Last I heard, the name was originally 'yoshua' and not actually a name - more a title that translates into 'messiah' in modern language. I could be wrong - I read it on the Internet.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                              X