This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
    Last I heard, the name was originally 'yoshua' and not actually a name - more a title that translates into 'messiah' in modern language. I could be wrong - I read it on the Internet.

Rapscallion
    That's right, I'm not sure if it's a mistranslation or mispronounciation of Yoshua aka Joshua but that's what his name would have been while alive. Same has the leader after Moses.
    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth TTAZ View Post
      I'm completely serious when I say I'm cutting out the middle man and naming my next dog "Dammit".
      Back in the mid 1960's I used to know a Basset Hound named Dammit and a terrier mix (like Toto) named Pitiful. In the 80's the kids across the street had a terrier named Shit Nose.

I currently have a dog named Goex, one named Primer (my screen name)and the next one will be named Schuetzen (cookies for context).

Quoth tigger222 View Post
      We gave Oreo the nickname "Bucky" . He hears his nickname so often that 9 times out of 10 he won't respond to his own name but he will respond to his nickname.
      I also have a cat whose official name is 'Rhoid, short for hemorrhoid, because she's a pain in the butt, but as a kitten, her farts stank so bad, I called her Pooter, and that is the name she knows.
      Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

i knew a guy who claimed his mom named him lucifer
        but that when she died his grandmother had his name legally changed.

but he still wanted to be called lucifer, luc (pronounced loose) for short.
        (tho "loose" might have been more appropriate)

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
          I know a guy whose parent's came this close to naming him Lucifer, but, luckily for him, they remembered that to most people in the western hemisphere "Lucifer" doesn't translate as "fire bringer", and they when with Buddha instead.
          If his parents were smarter, they would've given him the same name I gave my character in Fallout 3: Lou Cypher.

It's a play on words that allows you to easily determine how smart and/or evil people are!

Some others that might work include B.L. Zebub and Mephisto Pholes.
          "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
          --StanFlouride

Comment

Hee, my dog had several nicknames and responded to most of them (Giz-a-man, chocolate chip, Giz, pug-zilla) Probably all tone of voice. My roomate's cat responded to 'Hey Little F****r' Naturally it was said in a loving way
            "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

My best friend down the street just got two cats from the shelter. She's named one Lucy Fur, and the other she's called The Game. I swear she did that on purpose, because that cat always runs and hides, so we lose him. We always lose him.

Comment

Quoth sexiphatchick View Post
                CW: "If it's a girl it's going to be either Paige or Satan."
                Me: "...um.....excuse me?.....
                CW: "What's wrong?"
                Me: "You're going to name...your child....Satan?"
                CW: "OH NO NO NO....I reversed the letters...it's Sage or Payton."
                The Reverend Spooner strikes again!
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I've served a customer called Death (spelt D'eath, pronounced Dee-eth )

Had a cat called "You dopey bastard" (got home from work one day and the kitten hanging for dear life off the net curtains outside the window - three storeys up)

And saw this the other day over at Failblog
                  Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Quoth Naaman View Post
                    That could have been worse. Imagine if Mr. and Mrs. Knight had named their kid Bobby? All those Terrible Two tantrums including throwing a folding chair around?
                    Those who are loudest about their qualifications, tend to have the least merit to their claims.

Comment

Quoth Naaman View Post
                      Am I the only one to agree with the posters over there who thought it was a great name?

Of course, said child may not agree in the playground in ten years, but I'm not too bothered by that.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                        Am I the only one to agree with the posters over there who thought it was a great name?

Of course, said child may not agree in the playground in ten years, but I'm not too bothered by that.

Rapscallion
                        I loved it, but yeah "Jed" Ewwwww
                        Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Working...
                        X