This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday's wtf-a-thon

I thought about putting this in Sucky Customers, but I didn't want to insult the other SCs by having this assmonkey put into their ranks...

This one guy came through my line on Thursday, and started whining about his lazy kids. He did the cliched "I know you think *your* kids are lazy..." and I told him that I don't have kids.

He looked at me and said...

"How did you get to be your age without having kids?!?"

I finally manged to gasp out "I got lucky." He eventully left. The customer in line behind him was pissed.

I told the story to C and asked her how old I look. She said "24." (I'm 29.) C is my best friend for a few days after that. I need to dig up some Jonny Depp pics or something...

Anyways...
    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post

"four words mister... No glove, No love"
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

If it were me, and we all know I have my evil moments, I would've started to cry and told him that I was sterile from birth and I'm quite sensitive about it.

Fucking prick.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Yeah, that's pretty annoying. And yes, it can be a sensitive topic, why do people ask these things? I've had a couple coworkers get very surprised when I tell them I don't have kids, which inevitably led to them telling me "Honey, you need to be having some kids". Different values, I suppose, since I don't define myself by my family or (non)children.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I know some people need to validate their lives by producing offspring, but those people need to realize (they won't) that others might have different values and beliefs.

And Becks, great idea.
          Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
            If it were me, and we all know I have my evil moments, I would've started to cry and told him that I was sterile from birth and I'm quite sensitive about it.

Fucking prick.
            If I'm around new people I'll lie and tell them that rather than deal with getting glared at like I'm some kind of freak for being *gasp!* childfree. Then you don't have to deal with the "but WHY don't you want kids?? EVERYONE has kids!" (I've never had the guts to ask why the other person DID have kids though...).

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
              sterile from birth and I'm quite sensitive about it.
              Nu-uh. Tragic accidents are the way to go. Car accident at 17 on the way to prom with High School Sweetheart, pierced abdomen, damaged beyond repair, Sweetie killed, etc. The more poignant, the better.
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Apathy View Post
                And Becks, great idea.
                Thanks. Every once in a while I have one.

Broomjockey, you know, that's really good. I'll have to consider it.

Not that the conversation Bella had has ever really come up with me involved.

However, next time I call the meatroom in NJ, and they ask me if I'm pregnant, or when will I be, I'll ask them if any of them want to help me out.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

"Some nice people down the street are having my share for me....."

(Although I really liked: )

"I got lucky."

The customer in line behind him was pissed.
                  I assume (hope) he was pissed at how rude the SC was to you, not at your response?

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post

I assume (hope) he was pissed at how rude the SC was to you, not at your response?
                    Yes, he was pissed at the previous customer, and not at everyone's favorite child-free Bella.

Becks and Broom, those were hilarious!
                    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post

Fucking prick.
                      I was thinking that exact same thing. And I like Broomjockey's horrible angst filled story, too. Nice!

I so love being at the epicenter of a deliberate "excruciatingly awkward moment."

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                        Yeah, that's pretty annoying. And yes, it can be a sensitive topic, why do people ask these things? I've had a couple coworkers get very surprised when I tell them I don't have kids, which inevitably led to them telling me "Honey, you need to be having some kids". Different values, I suppose, since I don't define myself by my family or (non)children.

I am like that too.. Also the other day I watched a lady come in the mall pushing a stoller(a big double seat model) chubby from baby weight in her sweats with a I guess a 4y/o trotting behind her.. I just thought that looked so sad and I never wanted to be "that mom". This lady was totally a non person, just a baby mover. Couldn't do it. Really threw me through a loop, since I do have a man I would have kids with, but I couldn't be "that type mom"..

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                          Nu-uh. Tragic accidents are the way to go. Car accident at 17 on the way to prom with High School Sweetheart, pierced abdomen, damaged beyond repair, Sweetie killed, etc. The more poignant, the better.
                          I wish I could be that evil...I just kinda stare and say "someday." I mean, seriously, when an 8-yr-old asks why you aren't pregnant yet after being married a month or two, what do you say? Since my first thought intimated unkind things about her parents and their large brood (renting a 2bedroom apt) I guess it's good I stuck to "someday."
                          "This isn't a home, this is a swirling vortex of entropy." - Sheldon "The Big Bang Theory"

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post

Fucking prick.
                            I sort of used that once, except I told them I'd had an abortion and now could never have kids. (I knew the person and was really trying to upset them back.)

Where do people get off asking questions like that?
                            TANSTAAFL

Comment

I've never been asked if i have kids at work, but outside, several times.
                              My standard reply is "No matter how hard I try, I can't get another man pregnant."

But I DO think it's ironic that most of these kids turn into little shits.
                              "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Working...
                              X