X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the glorified babysitter.

Warning this is simply a rant!

Well I have a new job, I'm a Nanny. I must say I feel for stay at home mums, really do, it's not just a lot of work it's tiring and BORING!

After 3 days I had done everything that could be done in the house and gone to the two parks that are close by 6 times. I'd also found the shops and seen all of them. Fortunately I now have a music and playgroup I can go to (and do) that the parents are ok with.

Went to the music group the other day and I swear I feel like the other parents are trying to parent me and the kid I look after. I'm trying to teach the kid to share. Perfect opportunity comes along when we have to pass a drum around. Kid goes NUTS and won't give it up. The parent next to me says not to worry, the lady on the other side tells me to let him have it.....NO...kid has to learn!

Anyways kid gets his way, they won't let me pass the drum on. BUt tell me to leave the cyrcle so that the "other kids don't get upset" so I do and take the damn drum off the kid. HE screams and rants. I ignore take him back and sit down and calm him down in all of 2 seconds.

Everyone gives me the look of death. What the hell? Am I the only one that thinks a kid needs to learn to share/give up toys without a hassle? He was the only kid there his age that threw the tantrume?

Was I wrong? Oh most of the parents assumed I was the mum so I felt like they were judging my "parenting". Those that knew thought I was a "bad nanny".

grrrrrr
    I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

Screw em'. They're just raising tomorrow's EWs. With lessons like that, "your" kids have a shot at being CS's future. The mostly-sane folk who share stories about those other kids and their Mothers.
    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

People don't know how to raise kids these days (present company excluded). I was a child care teacher for....too long, and I've seen 5 year olds that rant and scream because I ask them to put something away.
      I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Yeah, I've seen those moms. They make me ill. I do not, as a general rule, condone smacking the crap out of children (adults, yes, but that's a whole other thing), but I do NOT take crap off of my son in any way shape or form. If that had been my son in the circle with the drum, despite what others told me, it would have been Stern Mommy Voice (tm) telling him:

"You have 2 choices, pass the drum like you're supposed to, or we're going home. Now."

He would pass the drum.

If it's any sort of consolation, if I could afford you, you sound like EXACTLY the sort of nanny I would love to have for my kid.
        "I've never had a heart attack, but it isn't for my son's lack of trying." - Me

Comment

Those parents will be raising some really spoiled entitlement minded children and THEN who's gonna be sorry?
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
            Those parents will be raising some really spoiled entitlement minded children and THEN who's gonna be sorry?
            True, but in true parental EW fashion, it will be everyone elses fault.
            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
              Everyone who has to deal with them...with the (possible) exception of the parents themselves.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

My roommate's girlfriend is a Nanny. I'll direct her to this thread. With any luck, she'll join and give you some good advice (or have the roommate or I post it).
                Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Hello! I have been a nanny for quite some time so hopefully I can help you out here.

In this situation, you are correct the child HAS to learn to share. Your best thing is to just brush it off and continue to correct the child and raise them as you would your own. That is your job, to bring the child up correctly. Your always going to run into that other people think they know what is best. But, you can decide what you want to do. Its strictly for you and the child's parents to decide NOT others.

Unfortunately if you can't deal with the criticism of others when you are doing your job it won't work for you. So hopefully your able to just turn the other cheek in these situations.

Best of luck!!

Comment

Working...
                  X