This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would the members of CS do?

I'm applying for a new job (I'll post if it works out - I'm being superstitious), and I had to do one of those phone surveys that measure your honesty/ethics, etc.

The question I had to have repeated four times, because I kept getting distracted thinking about how I had to post it here:

"Customers are out to get everything they can from the company. Press 1 for definitely yes...."

How do you even answer that? As much as I wanted to press 1, I just didn't think it would be appropriate, that it would seem I was anti-customer or something.

Why couldn't they have given me one more employee-theft scenario? I'm good at those.

I would have thought '1' was the right answer anyway, since they don't come in out of the goodness of their hearts. At least...I hope they don't...ye gods.

God made me a cannibal to fix problems like you. - Angelspit, '100%'

I'm sorry, I'm not authorised to give a f**k.

Comment

I always answer that one with the 2nd option which is usually something to the effect of mostly agree.
      The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Quoth Kika View Post
        I'm applying for a new job (I'll post if it works out - I'm being superstitious), and I had to do one of those phone surveys that measure your honesty/ethics, etc..
        WHAT IS UP WITH THIS CRAP TODAY!? Doesn't anyone interview anymore? I LOATHE those personality tests, honesty/ethics tests that some employers make you take these days! Some of the questions, if I am to really be honest about - I'd never, EVER get hired anywhere...the answers to most of the questions are one dimensional, they allow no room for the gray area in most issues.

What happened? Are we going to be interviewed by robots with built in polygraphs soon?
        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

is there a "2 for milder yes" option?
          free from the evil clutches of crappy tire

Comment

I think if you had pressed 1 they'd have thought you were paranoid.

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
            What happened? Are we going to be interviewed by robots with built in polygraphs soon?
            Actually, I think 9 out of 10 times a robot could make a better, or at least as good as, a decision of who to hire. There are some people who interview well and rely on turning on the charm- but once hired you find out they're useless dolts.
            "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
            HellGate: London

Comment

If it was me, I wouldn't press anything! I'd hold the line and wait for an operator to pick-up, because "I'm using a rotary telephone"!

But seriously... I HATE those frakkin' "honesty" quizzes! They're the most stupid and downright EVIL thing any employer has EVER come up with in regards to the interview/pre-hire process. The answers to those questions can't possibly make any sense or have any weight behind them until you actually KNOW the person enough to be able to put their responses in context! And on top of that, you have the fact that any intelligent job applicant is most likely going to answer with what they think the employer wants to hear, rather than giving an honest response!
              "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
              --StanFlouride

Comment

WHAT IS UP WITH THIS CRAP TODAY!? Doesn't anyone interview anymore? I LOATHE those personality tests, honesty/ethics tests that some employers make you take these days! Some of the questions, if I am to really be honest about - I'd never, EVER get hired anywhere...the answers to most of the questions are one dimensional, they allow no room for the gray area in most issues.

I've never taken a personality test. I just drop a name or two and the application just becomes a formality. Straight to an interview with the bosses. Good stuff.
                "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

I read an opinion editorial in the Washington Post (local newspaper in my area) about a woman who has an 18-year-old autistic son who has been looking for work for 2 years, but can't seem to find anything because the "higher ups" think he's "weird" and a "professional liability." She had heard that Target hired individuals with disabilities but they only hires those with seeable disabilities (i.e., you're in a wheelchair or you've got Down Syndrome). The writer claims they do the personality tests to weed out those who are odd which she took to weed out those with autism.

(Note to those reading: I'm just stating the "facts" according to this women. I neither believe nor do I disbelieve them. Though if this is true, I'd have to think long and hard about going there).

Comment

the answers to most of the questions are one dimensional, they allow no room for the gray area in most issues.
                    welcome to corporate thinking darling
                    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Do you think that someone who is dishonest is going to answer the questions honestly?

Comment

Quoth bendertiger View Post
                        Do you think that someone who is dishonest is going to answer the questions honestly?
                        If they're smart and dishonest, no. But my current manager has to use the same quizzes, and she loses a lot of good candidates who don't realize you need to answer in the best interests of the company, not what is most likely to happen in the real world.

Thankfully, she told me that before I went looking for a new job!

Comment

Working...
                        X