This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be careful what you wish for.....

Ok, everyone now knows that I hate my job. I have decided to look for a new job. I had three top choices. One couldn't afford me. One offered me a job and one I am still waiting for my next interview.

I am not sure what to do. My first choice is the one I am waiting to set up my next interview with. I am to call the store manager on Sunday to set up the interview with her boss (it will be a phone interview).

I took a drive out to my second choice (the place that offered me the job). I would be an associate manager. The store manager is out on disability. There is an acting store manager who is apparently not doing well.

The store was disorganized and there was no customer service to be spoken of. There was a lot of merchandise on the counter.
    My favorite thing to do is to be a "fixer". This store needs to be fixed.
    My fear is, I go to this store and try to help get it together for the Holiday season I may run into resistance from the current staff. I was not offered the acting store manager role. I am going in as support.

The other problem. The drive. It's an hour, on the turnpike. It's not really a pay cut either. It would be the same amount I started with where I am now. It's also a 40 hour work week. With the option of overtime.

So, I am holding off on the offer until I talk with my first choice on Sunday. I will tell them that I have been offered a position elsewhere but they are still my first choice. Hopefully that will fast track them. It's not clothing. A whole new ball game.
    Sorry this is so long. Thanks for reading if you made it this far!
    "There is no rehab for stupidity." --Chris Rock
    "You learn something new and stupid every day you work in retail."--IhateCrappyTire
Working...
X