This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesus LOVES ME!

...I'm not sure where it should be.*shrug* Mod's feel free to relocate as needed.

It was A few days back, and I was working on #3 register at CS. I had this nice gentlemen come through my line, he was polite and only bought a few things.
    So I finished ringing him up and gave him his change and he hands me something, wishes me a good day and leaves.

What was it he handed me you ask? A small 10 page "Jesus Loves You" booklet with a smiley face on the cover. Normally this would have at the very least made me a bit miffed.... but for some reason it just kinda made me feel good.

So I turned to my CW.

Me: Hey D! Guess what!
    CW: What?
    Me: *holding up the pamphlet* Jesus loves me more than you!

We both had a good laugh. I'm keeping the pamphlet, it's cute.

^_^
    "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
    -Red

Aww............
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

At least it wasn't a Chick tract.
      The New Orleans Saints are your 2009 NFL champions.

Believe dat.

Comment

but...but...but...
        I though Jesus loved me

If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Hmmm

Did not the 11th commandment state that those with pamphlets are to be loved more than thy love others?

Also:

Awwwwww..... It's the polite and not take-this-or-you're-damned types that get to you
          I like things that go *bang!*

Comment

I think Jesus loves me more. I've gotten more than 6 of those over the years.

Comment

I would sometimes get these when i was still working retail/service. I am Jewish, and stopped being offended a long time ago. One thing though, if someone (jehovah etc.) tries to push it beyond the pamphlet, I will whip out my Star of David and that usually shuts them up.

If they continue to persist, i will exclaim that Jesus died a Jewish Rabbi (the truth!)
              There Can Be Only One

Comment

Jesus told me I am his favorite, so there!
                Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

I've gotten so many of those things on pizza deliveries that Jesus must love me a whole lot. I would never impose on his friendship by asking for anything from him because its rude.
                  I don't have an anger problem! I have an idiot problem!-Hank Hill

Comment

you know... speaking of people tracting... is it wrong that I enjoy outing myself to the people who tract
                    Missionary: Hi, I'm Elder Smith from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints... would you like to here about Jesus?
                    Smiley: oh yes... but I'd like to see you naked even more
                    Missionary: umm... OK then... next door...

or one I've had happen at work
                    pamphlet bearer: you know Mormons are a cult.
                    smiley: not really, there are quite a few good Mormons out there, and there are several good things about the church.
                    pb: you aren't a Mormon yourself, are you?
                    me: no... the Church frowns upon my type being members.
                    pb: you're type?
                    me: yes, the sodomite menace... anyway... weren't you going to be telling me something about how I should reject Mormonism and embrace Jesus... I like Jesus, he's quite cute... could you tell me more about him (forgive me for that one Lord)
                    pb: oh... umm... you know, I just realized, I've got a flight to get to.
                    me: your reservation is until the end of the week.
                    pb: fine, a meeting... I've got a something... very important... must get to.

I don't know if I could have gotten away with that with my current manager... but the old manager thought that was the funniest thing ever.
                    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
                      Jesus told me I am his favorite, so there!
                      But...He told me that I'M his favorite!! *perplexed*
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

You guys, are ALL wrong.

Jesus loves the little children. Especially the red, yellow, black and white ones.

duh.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                          Especially the red, yellow, black and white ones.
                          Right. I'm gonna get in trouble somewhere, somehow for this comment, but phfeh.

"ZOMG! Jesus supports Communisim?!?!"

<removes tongue from cheek>
                          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Jesus and I go way back, dude was always getting out of buying rounds by ordering water and doing his thing.
                            If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

I remember a few years back the eco-pushers were running a "What would Jesus drive?" campaign. Naturally, I applied logic to the situation.

He lived in a sparsely-populated area without hard surface roads.
                              Before He took up preaching, He was a carpenter like His adoptive father.

Obviously, Jesus would drive a full-size 4x4 pickup.
                              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X