This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shortest time with company

What's the shortest amount of time you've been at any job? And I mean straight through. So if you worked at a place for a week, then came back after a few months, the week counts. ^^

My shortest stint was with Banana Republic. I wanted a summer job before the second half of college, and the pay was okay. It was on the Strip, though, which is a LOONG way when you don't have a car (90 minute-2 hour bus ride). I also discovered that I suck as sales. The only place I sold anything was in shoes, one of the few areas I enjoyed working.

I have a general dislike for the place, anyway. Supremely overpriced stuff. And they had the store credit card they wanted us to push on people. I just couldn't do it. People paying way too much for clothes they probably can't afford anyway and getting dragged further into debt? I cannot condone this!

Anyway, the busing just got to be too much for me, so I finally quit. After 30 days. I only stayed to use up my bus pass.
    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

I worked at a vet hospital for 4 days. I applied for a job as kennel staff (feeding animals, cleaning up after them, etc). I was so tired of customers at that point that i just wanted a job where I wouldn't have to deal with people, plus I really love animals. Unfortunately, when the hired me they informed me that I would be working as a receptionist instead. (Making appointments, answering questions, doing billing, etc). It was so not what I wanted at the time that I left for good before the end of the first week.
    Our brains are smarter than we think they am!

Comment

Well, unless the interview next week goes well, my current position will be the shortest.

I started near the end of December as a temp replacement for someone out on medical leave. He's back part-time, and will be back full-time at the end of this month, meaning my temp gig will be over, giving me a grand total of 3 months and 2 weeks (2 of which were Christmas vacation )

However, I have an interview for a different position with this place, which would be until next Jan. if I got it. That would make my stint at theatre 2 the shortest, as it went from February until November of the same year. I liked the place, I liked some of the staff, but the GM was a jerk, one of the AMs was a twit who loved to play favourites, and the other was the only cool one in the entire litany of managers to go through the place.
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

3 hours training at the maccas drive thru

then 9 hours at blockbuster

never got paid for either, both were SO awful I would have paid them not to work there
        I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

I was supposed to do a three-week temp gig at a not-for-profit, helping them with their annual lottery shindig. They had me entering ticket info into the computer... But the computer was in the Head Honcho's office, and I got to listen to her call up people who had questions about the lottery tickets and ream them out for being "fucking idiots" every single call.

I didn't come back the second day.

Comment

Four hours at the local Vocational Education centre. Again, two weeks later.

Working with children isn't my speciality, and since I can't work there and not end up sent out on the occasional *cough*frequent*cough* groups shooting throughout the building... I just don't have what it takes. Give me another HHigh Schooler to teach Flash to, otherwise:

Wingates + Educator + young children = FAIL
            I like things that go *bang!*

Comment

I once gave my two-weeks notice my third day on the job.

I'd applied for a magazine job and had gone on two interviews. Then I heard nothing for a month. I got a job working at a downtown Chicago ad agency as a receptionist. My third day, the magazine called and offered me a position--more money and doing what I really wanted to do. I stayed with the agency until they replaced me (and they were really cool about it).
              Enjoy my latest stupid quest for immortality. http://1001plus.blogspot.com/

Comment

Three months working at a fast food place -- unless one really wants get right down to it, probably not even a month's worth since I only worked weekends. The only good thing that came out of it was that I got free food. o.o
                Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

I applied at Giant back in 2004 & got hired to be a cashier. Did my orientation & was told to come in the following Friday to check my schedule. I did that-wasn't on it. So I was told to come in the very next Friday. Once again I checked & still NOTHING! Tried to talk to several manangement types who just gave me the run-around. By this time I had applied at Wal-Mart & looked like I was going to get hired. So I just gave up on Giant.
                  ONE month after I had started working at Wal-Mart I got a letter from Giant wanting to know why I decided to quit. How could I have quit if I never really started in the first place?????
                  I wish I had saved that letter. Made my friends shake their heads in disbelief after I told them of this situation.

Comment

1 8-hour shift at Hardees.

My friend Aaron TOLD ME I wouldn't do well in Fast Food (he works at a pizza joint). I should have listened.

Now if only the damned bookstores had hired me.
                    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Either 6 weeks at the Evil Empire Store or probably about 6 weeks at the dollar store.

I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

2 days working for Telstra.
                        If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

my shortest (and I'm considered a job hopper... odd) was 6 weeks in parkig enforcement... I lasted until the first attempt on my life by someone who got a ticket... scarily I lasted a week longer than their average

On the flip side, my longest was Carls Jr. for 18 month, and IHG for 14 months
                          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                            On the flip side, my longest was Carls Jr. for 18 month, and IHG for 14 months
                            My longest was... 3 semesters, maybe 3 and a half. Working at my school as a student worker.
                            "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Just about 2 months.

The Car wash I left because they were skimming money off the paychecks

Burger King because it was BK. I hated the customers, the coworkers, the management.

Comment

Working...
                              X